What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing Miself

filirodz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys! I will like to introduce myself to this forum by saying that I am a 71 yrs old youngster always been interested in the technology field. This past February on my birthday I received my iPad as a gift from my family. I also have an old MacBook and an iMac. Right now Iam retired, but used to work as an accountant for almost 30 years. My interest in the forum is to try to expand my limited knowledge of my iPad by sharing ideas and concepts with you people. Thanks for accepting me in your group!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello & welcome to the forum! :) Not sure which iPad model you own & what iOS is on the device - if not already done download the appropriate User Guide from HERE - can put into iBooks, which is likely already on your device (or can be obtained for free from the App Store).

BTW, I've been to Puerto Rico twice - mainly San Juan & several resorts to both the east & west - loved the El Yunque Rainforest! ​Dave

Mystery crash

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I am a Mac user and someone who manages to find the glitches in a program - and get stuck! I don't know what to do at this point and found and joined this forum.
I am a former special education teacher and was trying to set my iPad 2 OS7 to assistive modes for a stroke survivor in her 70s. Now, I am locked out, can't turn the screen curtain or Voice Over, or Assistive touch settings off. I began having problems after I changed settings and played with navigating the iPad. I tried to reset things in the General Settings and the iPad was not responding.
If nothing else, I found a group of iPad students who have problems with their iPads, not unlike my self! I like that this site's rules are basically to keep things clean, positive, and on topic! :) Glad to be here!
Oh, by the way, if any one can help me access my iPad again, I would consider you a total genuis and be so totally grateful!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi! I am a Mac user and someone who manages to find the glitches in a program - and get stuck! I don't know what to do at this point and found and joined this forum.
I am a former special education teacher and was trying to set my iPad 2 OS7 to assistive modes for a stroke survivor in her 70s. Now, I am locked out, can't turn the screen curtain or Voice Over, or Assistive touch settings off. I began having problems after I changed settings and played with navigating the iPad. I tried to reset things in the General Settings and the iPad was not responding.
If nothing else, I found a group of iPad students who have problems with their iPads, not unlike my self! I like that this site's rules are basically to keep things clean, positive, and on topic! :) Glad to be here!
Oh, by the way, if any one can help me access my iPad again, I would consider you a total genuis and be so totally grateful!

Hi Mystery... - welcome to the forum! :) Unfortunately, you've kind of hijacked someone else's introductory thread and are unlikely to receive the attention to your iPad assistive issues as described above. Please start your own thread in an appropriate forum here and clearly state your main problem in the title - you will likely receive useful replies. Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! I am a Mac user and someone who manages to find the glitches in a program - and get stuck! I don't know what to do at this point and found and joined this forum. I am a former special education teacher and was trying to set my iPad 2 OS7 to assistive modes for a stroke survivor in her 70s. Now, I am locked out, can't turn the screen curtain or Voice Over, or Assistive touch settings off. I began having problems after I changed settings and played with navigating the iPad. I tried to reset things in the General Settings and the iPad was not responding. If nothing else, I found a group of iPad students who have problems with their iPads, not unlike my self! I like that this site's rules are basically to keep things clean, positive, and on topic! :) Glad to be here! Oh, by the way, if any one can help me access my iPad again, I would consider you a total genuis and be so totally grateful!
Hi, Mystery crash!

With Voice Over enabled, the iPad will react different than before; there are several Voice Over gestures you'd have to use to work with that feature.

To disable the screen curtain, triple tap the screen with three fingers.

Here's the way to disable Voice Over:

Press Home.
Tap Settings. Then double-tap Settings.
Tap General. Then double-tap General.
Use three fingers on the screen to scroll to Accessibility.
Tap Accessibility. Then double-tap Accessibility.
Tap VoiceOver. Then double-tap VoiceOver.
Tap "On" next to VoiceOver. Then double-tap "On" to turn it off.

That done, you should be able to turn other features on/off as usual.
Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts