What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internet connection problems since upgrade to 6.0,1

awboxster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, for some reason I am having problems connecting to my home network since the upgrade to 6.0.1 on my ipad3. I have two routers one being an expander to help cover my home. Before the update my iPad would connect automatically to either router with no probs...since the update It will only connect to the main router and only after I switch the iPad wifi off and on again. interestingly my wife's ipad2 which has not been updated...still on 6.0.0 works perfectly with both routers as normal. Any ideas please..
cheers
Adrian

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
awboxster said:
Hi, for some reason I am having problems connecting to my home network since the upgrade to 6.0.1 on my ipad3. I have two routers one being an expander to help cover my home. Before the update my iPad would connect automatically to either router with no probs...since the update It will only connect to the main router and only after I switch the iPad wifi off and on again. interestingly my wife's ipad2 which has not been updated...still on 6.0.0 works perfectly with both routers as normal. Any ideas please..
cheers
Adrian

Have you tried resetting the routers or updating their firmware?

OP
A

awboxster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, if I switch the expander router off my IPad will connect to my existing(main) router. The expander is fairly new. I cannot update the firmware in my main router(it's a talktalk one). I have reset all internet settings on my iPad..just now and it made no difference to the issue....but still connected ok to existing router when the expander was switched off, my existing router is G only and the expander is both n and g..if that makes a difference. The annoying thing is my wife's is ok on the previous iOS 6.0.0,

Cheers

nelsonx21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the same problem....anything I can do I try resetting all the connection still have the problem tho

Aaron stone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you try contacting your net administrator

Well many peeps reported about this problem

nelsonx21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aaron stone said:
Why don't you try contacting your net administrator

Well many peeps reported about this problem

Where do I go or can u send me a link I'm still new to this

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where do I go or can u send me a link I'm still new to this

I think the above post may mean for you to contact your Internet Service Provider (the mob that gave you all the info to first set up your Internet Service account and connection) If you still have those details you may be able to re-enter them and fix the problem.
Regards, Andrew

Aaron stone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nelsonx21 said:
I have the same problem....anything I can do I try resetting all the connection still have the problem tho

I meant near your Internet connection provider

Mandytv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had exactly the same problem with my iPhone 4s and it only started after the iOS 6 upgrade, there is no fix, although you can try and do a reset by going to 'settings' -> 'general' -> 'reset' -> 'reset all settings' it will remove all your settings but keep all you files and apps, this worked for me for a while but soon happened again, the next step was to do a full restore which is done through iTunes best things is to search for the instructions for that, but for me even that only worked briefly in the end Apple replace my phone with a new one and the problem is solved, from what I understand is Apple are aware of this and on the Apple forum there is or was over 94 pages about the problem.

nelsonx21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mandytv said:
I had exactly the same problem with my iPhone 4s and it only started after the iOS 6 upgrade, there is no fix, although you can try and do a reset by going to 'settings' -> 'general' -> 'reset' -> 'reset all settings' it will remove all your settings but keep all you files and apps, this worked for me for a while but soon happened again, the next step was to do a full restore which is done through iTunes best things is to search for the instructions for that, but for me even that only worked briefly in the end Apple replace my phone with a new one and the problem is solved, from what I understand is Apple are aware of this and on the Apple forum there is or was over 94 pages about the problem.

Yah I talk to apple an they told me to reset all the settings and restore it which I did and still have that problem it would be good for a week only

zip255

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go into your router and turn off encryption set to both and turn it on to AEK and take channel off of auto and place it on six guaranteed to fix your issue

Most reactions