What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International charging help

Toonice4ul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will be traveling to Israel, Italy, and Amsterdam this July
I will be bringing along my companion (iPad 2 64gb black) as well as my iPhone 4 and a hp laptop, my question is will I be able to charge my idevices using a European adapter ( not converter ) or do I need to buy a converter for all of my devices? If anyone has an answer to this it will be much appreciated to this.
For the most of my stay I will be in Israel the most.

Frankmezz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look at the chargers, most of mine said 120/240 That means they can take either voltage and charge the respective unit. You WILL NEED to get a converter to actually plug in the charge to the wall. The holes will not line up with the charger plug. Check the countries you are going to and find out which one you will need. I bought a set and only used one for eastern Europe area (4 countries). You can buy one there if you need to. Bring a small extension cord with multiple outlets on the end (one to many) and a "3 way" plug. This way you convert the extension cord and not each charger. Most European hotels have limited number of receptacles. See photo attached and I didn't carry a laptop. (photo in from my blog) Really consider not bringing a laptop. The ipad was enough for me. You will not want to leave a laptop in the room and it is heavy to carry around. Only leave stuff in the room you can live without. The rest carry. My wife and I did 2 weeks with only one suitcase each. I actually planned to throw away some cloths near the end to make room for stuff to bring home, mostly underwear ( i did not have to go commando!!) . Have fun.

Frank's Fotos - Home

Attachments

• photo.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg
    photo.jpg.scaled.1000.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 630

Most reactions

Latest posts