What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

installing ios 5.0

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have a ipad 1 ipad 2 and wifes iphone 4....upgrading all of them tonight...on the first one now and its eating up alot of space on my laptop cause is old with not alot of space.....does this mean I have to download ios 5.0 each time I do each device?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad1 and iPad2. I updated my iPad2 first without any problems and it took about an hour and 15 minutes. Then I started the iPad1's update. I tried two times without success-->gettig stuck in backup. I started looking in the forum for ideas on what could the problem be...here is a link of the problem. You may not encounter this problem when you back up and start the update. My point by point observation of the whole update process is towards the end of this thread:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49388-ios5-backing-up-forever.html

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently have a ipad 1 ipad 2 and wifes iphone 4....upgrading all of them tonight...on the first one now and its eating up alot of space on my laptop cause is old with not alot of space.....does this mean I have to download ios 5.0 each time I do each device?
Good question. I have two iPads to update and very little space left on my PC. I believe the download size is about 770mb. I've got just over 1 gig left so I hope I don't have to bring it in twice.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Vampirito, Welcome to the Forum. My update problem was with an iPad1. Based on what I have read from other members, I put several ideas together and came up the list as it happened. The one recommendation that stands out the most is to have a lot of patience! I hope your a short and trouble free update!

Most reactions

Latest posts