What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Installation issue with iTunes on Win XP3

jpp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have successfully installed iTunes Vs 10.x on my PC and have ripped CDs using my PC's CD drive.

However, I still get the message below whenever I start iTunes. I looked on this Forum and Googled for it, but so far haven't been able to find a reference to it.

Some people have had issues with their CD drive disappearing altogether when accessing it from Windows, but that's not my problem. Everything seems to work OK - just curious why I get this message and it'd be nice to get rid of it.

Needless to say, I have tried to follow the instructions shown in the error message, re-installed iTunes twice, and have not been bale to find any other software on my computer that could be hogging the CD/DVD drive.

Best answer so far from the web is here:

ItunesstratupCDproblem1.jpg

ItunesstratupCDproblem1.jpg

escon_photos

Edit: I followed the instructions given in the link above wrt adding the driver entry (I did not have an Upper or Lower Filter entry). Direct link here: Did not even have to reboot - message is now gone. Will test out burning operation now to be sure.
escon_photos

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts