What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inquiry -- Need Ideas

ka5p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Grandpa, custodian for his handicapped Grandson's iPad, would like to "hide" (not eliminate) the "standard" icons that show on the opening page. We use the iPad to help him communicate and, as such, all the other programs are,at least at the present, neither needed nor desired because their presence only serves to distract the principal function. We have Prololquo2 installed and I would like that option to be the only one available. Any input would be appreciated. If I can just hide the icons -- then all will be well. Thanks in advance.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could 1) put all the apps into folders (makes them less shiney) and 2) then put everything on the last homescreen - page 11. It'll take a bit of swiping to get to the last page, but it'd be the best you do.

This way, if all he sees is the first page with it's one app, then maybe he won't go looking for more - especially if it's many, many swipes away.

That's the only way I know that you can hide apps short of deleting them (and you can't delete the Apple ones anyway).

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
K

ka5p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the insight -- don't quite know how to do what
you suggest but it does make a lot of sense. I'll work on it. Thanks again!

OP
K

ka5p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't mean to be a pest -- but could you tell me how to put them into a folder? Secondly; I swipe the pad but it seems to "stop" on the second page (there are three apps on that page and it seems as though the iPad won't go any further (toward page 11) unless this page is full. It's just a guess but that is the way it appears to be acting. Thanks again

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Press down on an app until it wiggles. Then take one app and slide it over another app. This will create a folder. Take the other apps and put them over the folder you created. Once you get all of the apps you want to hide, with the apps/folders still wiggling, press the folder and slowly slide the folder to the right edge of the iPad until the entire screen moves to the left, keep doing that until you get to page 11.

Hope this helps. By the way, you should not feel like a pest, if you don't know how to do something, there is always someone on here who will gladly help you. :)

OP
K

ka5p

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Googled and found it.......thank you VERY much. I am good to go!

Most reactions