What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In car charger

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want to get a reliable in car charger for my iPad 3 and am looking for recommendation.

Has anyone got one?

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want to get a reliable in car charger for my iPad 3 and am looking for recommendation.

Has anyone got one?

Have you checked on Internet? You can unusually find a selection of what you are looking for and pick one from the better reviews it has. However, if you are looking for personal recommendation then I get your point. I am always hesitant to recommend any product as it may be fine for me but someone else may have problems with it, delivery, duff item, payment etc. etc. Someone on here will no doubt at least point you in the right direction. Also, i would only buy the genuine product from Apple or what Apple recommends. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks my first stop was the Apple store, however there doesn't seem to be an Apple charger.

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks my first stop was the Apple store, however there doesn't seem to be an Apple charger.

True, but items on there are recommended by Apple so I do not think that you can go far wrong. Odd that Apple do not make available it's own brand of car charger. Can't think why that is, seems a bit shortsighted from such a forward thinking company. Good luck with your search.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks

Junior

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
macaddictionblog.wordpress.com
I picked up a 12v cig. light charger that has 2 usb connections for $10 at Winners (in Canada)... Simplest and easiest solution. I also bought another Apple USB to Lightning cable so I could always leave it in the car.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but what is a lightening cable?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I picked up a 12v cig. light charger that has 2 usb connections for $10 at Winners (in Canada)... Simplest and easiest solution. I also bought another Apple USB to Lightning cable so I could always leave it in the car.

My Griffin plug is now selling for $10, depending where you get it, including the cord. I bought mine long ago for iPad 1 and have since added an extra lightning cable in my car, too.

When it comes to electrical cords and plugs, I prefer to stick with brand name companies for quality control (and someone to pursue if their products damage my electronics or burn down my house, lol).

Amazon is selling lightning cords for less than Apple, and the two I've got have been working without any probs even during extended use on road trips: Amazon.com: AmazonBasics USB A to Lightning Compatible Cable (3 Feet/0.9 Meter): MP3 Players & Accessories

johnmackay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Has anyone got one?

Found some usb car chargers on Amazon by chance. Bought it not expecting much for the price but was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I hope this would help you - See more at: http://dwz.cn/U0cwY

Most reactions