What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Import Photos from SD Card

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now with Air2, when I import photos using camera connection kit SD card reader, I get the photos both in Last Import folder AND in the Camera Roll. Prior to Air2 they only appeared in Last Import. Any help is appreciated.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's how it's working now, with iOS 8. If you delete them from one of these folders, they'll also disappear from the other one. In this case it's better not to view the Albums tab, but the Photos tab. You'll see that they're there only once.

OP
T

Tweak2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. I don't see the advantage of placing them in two folders. Rather annoying.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. I don't see the advantage of placing them in two folders. Rather annoying.
Ignore the "Last Import" folder and only look at Camera Roll. The next behaviour is also new: As soon as you import the next pictures, the "old" photos will be removed from the "Last Import" folder, and you'll only see them in Camera Roll.

twerppoet thinks the way it works now is just a transition period. It doesn't work yet like Apple wants it to, but there are already changes to how it worked before. Time will tell.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts