What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Import movies, songs to ipad 2

Ningnam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi;

I am new user to Apple's products.

I bough Ipad2 for a comming long trip on cruise.

I have tried to tranfer videos (AVL format) to ipad 2 by importing videos to itunes. From itunes, I can sync it to the ipad.

But have no luck.

Does anybody have done it. Please show me.

Thanks in advance.

NN

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad won't play that format, it only recognizes H.264/MPEG-4. So you have 2 options, 1) purchase an app like Buzz Player HD (or any of the others but be sure to read the info for the app to make sure it supports the type of file you have) or 2) used Handbrake (free program) to convert your video file to H.264/MPEG-4 and then sync it to the ipad.

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The ipad won't play that format, it only recognizes H.264/MPEG-4. So you have 2 options, 1) purchase an app like Buzz Player HD (or any of the others but be sure to read the info for the app to make sure it supports the type of file you have) or 2) used Handbrake (free program) to convert your video file to H.264/MPEG-4 and then sync it to the ipad.

Never heard about Handbrake, but I do have a great program by Aiseesoft. I can convert all my DVDs, personal AVCHD files and (if I had a Blu-Ray drive), I could convert all my Blu-Ray DVDs to H.264/MPEG-4. I have converted about 25 movies so far and they play great on the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts