What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMovie: Using photos with audio track from video

Greek2Me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First post for me.

This seems like it should be simple but I've yet to figure it out. I think this is the right forum. I have a video recorded from my digital camera and imported successfully into iMovie. I was hoping to have the audio persist through the movie but transition between the video and various photos. I tried splitting the video and inserting photos but then the audio track is split so no audio during the photos. Am I missing something obvious? I appreciate any advice. I have iMovie on my iMac as well but am travelling overseas and hoping to edit on the plane home.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You would have to be able to split the audio track from the movie clip. There is no way to do this in the iOS version of iMovie.

The best you can do is turn the audio track off, and lay down a new one, either by importing it to iTunes (on the computer), syncing, and then adding it in iMovie; or by recording it directly in iMovie.

Most reactions