What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imessage

stuardy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hot can I get iMessage to work on my iPad 2?
I have enabled iMessage in the settings but when I type in the message field, the send button is greyed out (picture below)

image-3854896873.png

iPad screen

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will only work if you send the message to another idevice with iOS 5.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My send button is also grey if you do not put an email in to who you are sending. You have to make sure you are sending messages to others within the apple network with iOS 5. Try to put their email/phone number and see if the send button turns blue.

pauladev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
My send button is also grey if you do not put an email in to who you are sending. You have to make sure you are sending messages to others within the apple network with iOS 5. Try to put their email/phone number and see if the send button turns blue.

My button has stopped working since yesterday even to regular iMessages. It is blue, but faded looking and nothing happens when you try to send! Anyone got any remedy or explanation?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try to quit the app,first. Double press the home button-than press the iMessage app in the multi-task bar below.

If that doesn't work-restart your iPad.

OP
S

stuardy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still cannot get this to work, I have Sending a iMessage to both my wife and a friend whom I have sent iMessages to from my iPhone but it's still the same thing, the button is greyed out

niitramdub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stuardy1 said:
Still cannot get this to work, I have Sending a iMessage to both my wife and a friend whom I have sent iMessages to from my iPhone but it's still the same thing, the button is greyed out

Did you first try to reset the program and then reboot the iPad? That usually works wonders.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deannerz said:
So can you only use I-message with a 4S or higher? my boyfriend has an iphone 4 and i have the ipad 2. I noticed i cannot send messages to him. How do I fix this? thanks!

It sounds like either he hasn't upgraded to iOS 5 or he hasn't enabled iMessage.

The Archangel

OP
S

stuardy1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry people I was being a total douche. When I was picking theresa. I wanted to send this too, I was trying to assign the message to the contact number rather than the email address (that's associated with the iTunes account) all sorted now and working a treat

Most reactions

Latest posts