What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iMessage Questions

wolfeslad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi fellow iPad dudes and dudettes,

I have a question I couldn't find using in searchy, can one use Imessenger on a wifi only ipad2?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you Can! I use it all the time now on my wifi only Ipad2. Good for sending pictures and video clips too :)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As garanth said, yes you can. You have to have a WiFi connection of course and remember iMessage only works between iDevices (iPad, iPhone, iPod).

Enjoy!

arttext

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So here's my issue: I have imessage verified on a new email address, ipad wifi only (iOS5). My iphone is still 3gs on 4.3.3 and since I will have a 4s in a couple of weeks so I'm not going to bother to upgrade to iOS5.
So when I select in imessage from my contacts this friend who's on imessage too, a little blue cloud is next to his name so that's ok. And there it stops, when I push send, nothing happens. He on the other hand can't reach me at all since he doesn' see me, in imessage. What am I missing?????
to summarize:
me: Ipad2 on iOS5 iMessage on
he: ditto AND iPhone 4 on iOS5 iMessage on

arttext

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved itself two hours later, it must be indeed an Apple server problem, as was suggested by some.

OP
wolfeslad

wolfeslad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm sounding dumb, do you need a message service such as an iPhone as I don't but it still won't let me send to an iPhone using a number??

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMessage only works between Apple's "iDevices" (iPad, iPhone, iPod). Otherwise you'll need to use SMS/text messaging or send an email like normal. Then of course, there's old-fashioned calling! ;)

Wizee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes u can, no problem, been using it since day 1, You can only use it with another device with os5

Hi fellow iPad dudes and dudettes,

I have a question I couldn't find using in searchy, can one use Imessenger on a wifi only ipad2?

Thanks in advance

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As garanth said, yes you can. You have to have a WiFi connection of course and remember iMessage only works between iDevices (iPad, iPhone, iPod).

Enjoy!
All the devices must have been upgraded to IOS 5 for the IMessage to work which shows in blue. Regular texting is in green.

othonleon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot send m'y flirts message cause when I use one of my contacts to d that, the name pops out in red and when I click on it it says it's not a registered name in iMessages... how do I fix this please?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cannot send m'y flirts message cause when I use one of my contacts to d that, the name pops out in red and when I click on it it says it's not a registered name in iMessages... how do I fix this please?
It sounds like whomever you're trying to "flirt" with doesn't have iMessage - either at all - or set up on their iDevice. You could send a regular text...or you could try calling them to find out. :)

Does your friend have an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 5 installed? If not, you won't be able to use iMessage with them.

EDIT: I was right!

8xobpw.png

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum by the way! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Search box (at the top-left of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

whgruening

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I log onto iMessage on my iPad2? I upgraded to iOS5 on my iphone, ipad and my ipod. My iPad2 (wifi) won't accept my appleid even though iMessage works just fine on my iPod and my iPhone with the same appleid. My email verifies just fine but it just keeps asking me to sign in with my appleid over and over again with no error messages. Instead of loading or signing on, it just goes back to the sign on screen and asks for my appleid again.

I have tried entering different appleid's and the email verifies fine but it won't login. This is frustrating!

Svenster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried resetting the iPad? Press and hold the power button then swipe the power off ribbon

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts