What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMAP mail not downloading

wgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't download email from my IMAP account to my IPad. It starts download but is hung up on first message and keeps restarting the download process. Same settings work fine on my IPhone. Any suggestions? My other POP accounts work fine.

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try turning the iPhone on and off if not try closing the app fully. Is it a work email or a hotmail, gmail etc ?

Rhys

OP
W

wgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rd86 said:
Try turning the iPhone on and off if not try closing the app fully. Is it a work email or a hotmail, gmail etc ?

Rhys

Tried turning off and on with no luck. It is a work account.

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly I'd make sure that the server address used etc are all correct. My dad had a similar issue with his iPhone mail. His IT department had to make sure his account was set up correctly to allow it to sync with an iPhone/iPad. Hope someone else can be more specific.

OP
W

wgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This perfectly describes the problem but I don't have gmail.

OP
W

wgo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rd86 said:
Firstly I'd make sure that the server address used etc are all correct. My dad had a similar issue with his iPhone mail. His IT department had to make sure his account was set up correctly to allow it to sync with an iPhone/iPad. Hope someone else can be more specific.

Thanks. All settings are correct. Sometimes it works....sometimes not. I'll check with IT support.

Most reactions