What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm screwed...

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I have a jailbroken ipad 64GB.

Today it stopped charging or connecting to iTunes. I did a "reset and delete all settting and data" straight from the iPad, and now it just keeps restarting.

I see the apple logo, then the jailbreak "pixels" show up, and then it reboots again.

HOW DO I FIX THIS? it doenst boot at all now. I can't restore in iTunes because it won't connect. I'm sending it back to apple. Hopefully I can discharge the battery enough to where they can't even power on to see that it was jailbroken.

Blowie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Read all other posts in the hacking section. Otherwise keep searching on google.

Dunno why i even bother to post...

OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:( nothing. I can't get it to boot no matter what i do. I think the port is just messed up

Does anyone know if the power bar on the bottom of the ipad is supposed to be in 2 pieces or one?

DOES anyone have a hidef photo of the underside of an ipad so i can see what it should look like and if mine is broken...

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Today it stopped charging or connecting to iTunes. I did a "reset and delete all settting and data" straight from the iPad, and now it just keeps restarting.

I see the apple logo, then the jailbreak "pixels" show up, and then it reboots again.

HOW DO I FIX THIS? it doenst boot at all now. I can't restore in iTunes because it won't connect. I'm sending it back to apple. Hopefully I can discharge the battery enough to where they can't even power on to see that it was jailbroken.

I would try a hard reset before you send it to Apple. Hold down the power and home button for 15 or so seconds. They will know it is jailbroken if you send it back in its current state. I don't think they will replace it and I am sure you will end up having to pay for shipping etc.

OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok i let it run all the way till it died, in a continuous reboot.

i press the sleep button and it says connect to power. i connect to power and it registers as charging. i'll have to wait and see if it boots into DFU

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download this program iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones it's called iReb and it will get your iPad out of the restore loop where it is asking you to connect to iTunes so you can restore it instead just open this program and click the reboot tab and click the reboot button and it will reboot your device to where you had it last so which means if you had cydia on it already it will be there when you reboot it if you still have dout about what I'm saying click the YouTube link to watch to see how it's done [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_mRgiPmGVo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - Easy Fix Bricked & Boot Loop Problems With iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad[/ame]

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I got exactly the same trouble , and Apple exchange it without any question

webbyboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I got exactly the same trouble , and Apple exchange it without any question

where are you located?

OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download this program iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones it's called iReb and it will get your iPad out of the restore loop where it is asking you to connect to iTunes so you can restore it instead just open this program and click the reboot tab and click the reboot button and it will reboot your device to where you had it last so which means if you had cydia on it already it will be there when you reboot it if you still have dout about what I'm saying click the YouTube link to watch to see how it's done YouTube - Easy Fix Bricked & Boot Loop Problems With iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad

thanks will try when i get home...

OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can get it into dfu mode but still no connect to itunes...

It charges though

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean the little thin long thing inside the iPad? I looked at mine, it's one long piece. Looks like you've yanked the cord a little too strongly and might have broken it... Yea, let the battery drain. If what you're saying is the case, this is a manufacturing defect and they should exchange it literally no questions asked. And no, those guys aren't geniuses... i've exchanged two dead iPhones, one with a bad mic which broke while I was changing the housing, and one that fell in the pool in Vegas. Little tiny piece of paper deep in the headphone hole :) No offense to anyone but no genius I know makes 16-17 dollars an hour!

OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you mean the little thin long thing inside the iPad? I looked at mine, it's one long piece. Looks like you've yanked the cord a little too strongly and might have broken it... Yea, let the battery drain. If what you're saying is the case, this is a manufacturing defect and they should exchange it literally no questions asked. And no, those guys aren't geniuses... i've exchanged two dead iPhones, one with a bad mic which broke while I was changing the housing, and one that fell in the pool in Vegas. Little tiny piece of paper deep in the headphone hole :) No offense to anyone but no genius I know makes 16-17 dollars an hour!

really? sweet thanks. i wonder if i take it to a genius bar if it'll get done quicker.

OP
C

Clickclickw00t

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ireb just doens't read the ipad

it looks like its DEFINITELY the port.

however, it does charge now, but I can't get the forced DFU to read in iTunes.

venom1561

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download this program iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones it's called iReb and it will get your iPad out of the restore loop where it is asking you to connect to iTunes so you can restore it instead just open this program and click the reboot tab and click the reboot button and it will reboot your device to where you had it last so which means if you had cydia on it already it will be there when you reboot it if you still have dout about what I'm saying click the YouTube link to watch to see how it's done YouTube - Easy Fix Bricked & Boot Loop Problems With iPhone, iPod Touch & iPad

thanks will try when i get home...

Let me know how it gose.

Most reactions