What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm lookng for a web browser. Anyone know a great one?

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble viewing a web site and someone from the apple store told me to try to download a web browser so I could see the full content of the web page. Is anyone currently using one that you would recommend?

OP
T

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I have downloaded six web browsers thus far and still can't view the framed content.. Anyone know of a browser that will let you scroll framed content?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I have downloaded six web browsers thus far and still can't view the framed content.. Anyone know of a browser that will let you scroll framed content?

The iPad's native browser Safari will let you do that.

To scroll framed content you need to use the two-finger scroll gesture. It takes a while to get used to, but use your thumb and first finger together in the frame and scroll up or down using both fingers at once....

Tim
Scotland

OP
T

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

To scroll framed content you need to use the two-finger scroll gesture. It takes a while to get used to, but use your thumb and first finger together in the frame and scroll up or down using both fingers at once....

Tim
Scotland

I've tried that and it didn't work. Any other ideals? I'm so frustrated with this page.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim
Scotland

I've tried that and it didn't work. Any other ideals? I'm so frustrated with this page.

Can you post the URL of the page and I'll have a look - or PM it to me if you'd prefer.

Tim
Scotland

dar512

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
It really should work. Post the url here and others can see if it works for them.

Mixz1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The big joke here is that no matter what browser you install, Safari will remain the default browser. Somebody emails you a link and you click on it (instead of copying and pasting it into the browser of your choice) and it will open in Safari. There's nothing you can do to change it. The Apple fans will find no fault with that. Those of us who use computers will.

Don't get me wrong. I love my iPad(s). They are the best portable media devices in the world. But real life computing, like spreadsheets, databases, heavy format word processing, pdf creation, etc require a computer. And you can change things like default browsers and email apps in a computer. Those choices were not part of the design concept of the iPad, and, I can understand why. It's all up to your expectations.

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The big joke here is that no matter what browser you install, Safari will remain the default browser. Somebody emails you a link and you click on it (instead of copying and pasting it into the browser of your choice) and it will open in Safari. There's nothing you can do to change it. The Apple fans will find no fault with that. Those of us who use computers will.

Don't get me wrong. I love my iPad(s). They are the best portable media devices in the world. But real life computing, like spreadsheets, databases, heavy format word processing, pdf creation, etc require a computer. And you can change things like default browsers and email apps in a computer. Those choices were not part of the design concept of the iPad, and, I can understand why. It's all up to your expectations.

If you are jailbroken there is an app that changes the default. Its called BrowserChanger.

Also, on a separate note, I have tried pretty much all of the third party browsers and by far iCabMobile is the best. Used to use Atomic as my main browser, but it became annoying and was missing features that iCab delivers on.

OP
T

Torria

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input but I've given up. I now understand that website made in frames will not work on this device.

Most reactions

Latest posts