What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm all updated on my ipad2.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Having followed the beta period reviews of iOS 6, I think it's safe to say this edition is about refinement, not the wow factor. If there is drama, it's likely going to play out in the iPhone 5. But I guess we'll have to wait until Friday. :)

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Having followed the beta period reviews of iOS 6, I think it's safe to say this edition is about refinement, not the wow factor. If there is drama, it's likely going to play out in the iPhone 5. But I guess we'll have to wait until Friday. :)

AA

Not me, I have to wait until the 9th of October to get mine.:(

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A lot of people that use Ford's Sync are finding their iPhones are doing much better with iOS 6.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Did you pre-order or walk up?

AA

Pre-order. It only took an hour or so after the pre-order period started for the pre-order shipping dates to start slipping.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just completed the update too. Went very smoothly. So far, I don't see much that's changed but ill work my way through it as the day goes on.

All good on my end! :)

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
garstongal said:
Quite like not having to keep entering password for free and already-purchased apps! :)

I've found that I still have to keep entering my password for free and already purchased apps when using my updated iPad 3, but not when using my updated iPhone 4S. Maybe the no password part of the update only applies to the iPhone?

garstongal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I've found that I still have to keep entering my password for free and already purchased apps when using my updated iPad 3, but not when using my updated iPhone 4S. Maybe the no password part of the update only applies to the iPhone?

I'm using the iPad 3, as my iPhone is out of space for the update, sadly...

Just finding one slight bugbear...4-finger swipe up or across, frequently zooms in the image instead.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, after the update, one of my email accounts isn't working on my iPhone. It works fine on my iPad and they have all the exact same settings.

Also, on the commute home yesterday, I get in my car, the phone connect up with my nav unit....then the nav goes nuts....starts with the screen going totally dark several seconds, maybe a minute... That was scary because the screen is never dark on this unit. Then the energy monitor is frozen and the nav map is frozen. Goes like this for some 15 mikes or so. Finally I power off the phone and then the nav. Upon reboot, all is back to normal---fit the moment. I don't want to be caught between apple and a car manufacturer. :)

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sigh...no YouTube app is annoying. Any idea when Google will have the iPad app ready?

Also, did they remove the 'tap to top' feature where you could tap the black bar at the top to jump back to the top of a web page or app? I really loved that and always wished my Android phone had it. I'm on an iPad 2 if it matters, but doesn't seem to work any more. EDIT: this appears to be broken for some apps like Pulse but not for others, like email.

Also hate that long-pressing the comma doesn't make the apostrophe any more...well it still does but now you have to actually select it instead of it just automatically making it. Didn't think I could hate the keyboard more, but Apple found a way.

Also, so glad they leaped into the 90's and I can finally have different email signatures for different email accounts. Yay!

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
EvilMonkey said:
Sigh...no YouTube app is annoying. Any idea when Google will have the iPad app ready?

Also, did they remove the 'tap to top' feature where you could tap the black bar at the top to jump back to the top of a web page or app? I really loved that and always wished my Android phone had it. I'm on an iPad 2 if it matters, but doesn't seem to work any more.

Also hate that long-pressing the comma doesn't make the apostrophe any more...well it still does but now you have to actually select it instead of it just automatically making it. Didn't think I could hate the keyboard more, but Apple found a way.

Also, so glad they leaped into the 90's and I can finally have different email signatures for different email accounts. Yay!

The tap to top feature you mention works fine on my iPad 3, I just tested it.

Most reactions

Latest posts