What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iKeywi HD for iPad - The new 5-Row Keyboard Tweak!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
5-Row Keyboard for iPad has always been one of my favourite jailbreak tweaks so it really broke my heart when it was not updated for iOS 5.x. However, Hiraku recently released his iKeywi tweak for the iPad, finally allowing us to enjoy that 5-Row goodness in iOS5. I honestly still can't believe Apple don't provide this as standard, but bygones… :)

iKeywi HD for iPad costs $2.99 from Cydia, and looks like this…

5c0f4d29.jpg

2bc65617.jpg

One of the great improvements over the old tweaks is the inclusion of cursor / arrow keys on the soft keyboard at last! ;)
The fifth row can be customised using the Settings app and you have complete control over the standard and alternative row layouts…

2951d6eb.jpg

eed8d892.jpg

Finally, the tweak works really well with "Color Keyboard HD" too!…

19e9ad02.jpg

I hope you enjoy your 5-Row keyboard on IOS 5.x courtesy of iKeywi HD for iPad! :D

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't that weird? Nothing since August 2011, then the minute this thread starts up again with a question about 5-Row Keyboard - bam! IKeywi comes out for the iPad. Kewl!

Marlyn

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Isn't that weird? Nothing since August 2011, then the minute this thread starts up again with a question about 5-Row Keyboard - bam! IKeywi comes out for the iPad. Kewl!

Marlyn

lol yep, thanks for making me look

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I fond that the cursor keys don't work if you don't have somewhere to go. So, for example, I can't use the right arrow to go further to the right than where I've already typed. And, the down arrow won't go down from this sentence as I type it - though the up arrow will go up.

Hope that makes sense - and helps. :)

Marilyn

EDIT: Huh. It appears that the arrow keys DON'T work with this forum (on the Tapatalk app, anyway). Odd. Maybe because it's a "live" feed? Cause it works in the Notes app...

Last edited:

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've installed iKeywi HD. Now, when I try to open a document in Quickoffice, it starts to open and then closes. I've restarted my iPad with no change. I then uninstalled iKeywi, and my Quickoffice docs open as they should. I re-installed iKeywi and the problem returned.

Thanks for any advice you might have.

Surfinette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should have one on the ipad allready. Go to Settings/General/Keyboard/International Keyboards/Add New Keyboard then scroll down to French.
Yes I know, but I was asking about iKeywi HD: does the 5-row iKeywi HD keyboard come with a French (AZERTY) version?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I know, but I was asking about iKeywi HD: does the 5-row iKeywi HD keyboard come with a French (AZERTY) version?

i encourage you to carefully read the description pane in Cydia. It explains the restrictions clearly including the fact that AZERTY is not yet supported...

Most reactions

Latest posts