The Apple Watch has started shipping yesterday to consumers, and the repair guys over at iFixit thought it would be the perfect moment for a teardown. They made some interesting discoveries, so let's look at some of the most important findings.
- There’s a 205mAh battery on the inside, which is smaller than the batteries found in devices like the Moto 360 but this could mean that the operating system is more power efficient than Android Wear.
- The back cases of the Apple Watch and the Apple Watch Edition come with a zirconia ceramic cover with sapphire lenses.
- Inside the Sport Band slot, iFixit discovered a diagnostic port which will allegedly allow Apple engineers to diagnose problems with the devices.
- It's very difficult to swap out the S1 processor chip that powers the watch, so this means there isn't going to be an upgrade program for the Watch, as it was rumored by some
- The heart rate monitor in the Apple Watch is also able to take your blood oxygen level as well
- The Apple Watch contains some of the smallest screws there are, according to iFixit