What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you're planning on getting a ZaggShield READ

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So today I got my Zagg InvisibleShield in the mail, and followed the instructions/youtube videos that I have seen. The only problem was that Zagg shipped it with virtually no solution (picture blow, bottle was only half full.....) In all of the videos etc they have massive bottles; this is not the case when you buy it. There isn't even enough solution to apply the shield! If you want to get a Zagg InvisibleShield, do yourself a favor and go to a mall kiosk and have them install it, where they have copious quantities of solution.. I'm pissed and returning it to Zagg....

Photoon2010-10-09at1436.jpg

**I'm sure Zagg shields are awesome, and I'm sure I would love it - if I was given enough solution to install it. I'm not saying its a bad shield, I'm saying zagg is f'ing people over by trying to cut costs.**

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a full bottle in both packets for the invisashield or whatever it's called. Sucks to hear about zaggs. I really want their black leather peice

HST

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zagg shield

I installed the Zagg myself on my iTouch front and back. It was a job, but I liked it so much I subsequently had one put on the screen of my Blackberry and also on my iPad. I bought the last 2 at Best Buy and paid them to do the installation. It's worth every penny and I intend to put a Zagg on every device I own from now on. I highly recommend them!

OP
A

Afide

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed the Zagg myself on my iTouch front and back. It was a job, but I liked it so much I subsequently had one put on the screen of my Blackberry and also on my iPad. I bought the last 2 at Best Buy and paid them to do the installation. It's worth every penny and I intend to put a Zagg on every device I own from now on. I highly recommend them!

This pretty much backs up my whole argument, let them install the shield, they have more liquid etc and are more prepared.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I got with my Invisible Shield and there was plenty --

zagg.jpg

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you should contact Zagg's customer service first and give them a chance to remedy the problem, rather than assume the worst about everything. (If this problem was that widespread, negative word-of-mouth would have killed their reputation long ago.)

I've applied Zagg's Invisible Shield on both iPad and iPhone; both times I had a full bottle which was more than enough for the application, and didn't have any problems. (Since there are no stores with people who'll install them here, getting someone to do it wasn't an option.)

Davidmacpherson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Zagg shield came with enough fluid to do several iPads!

Just set me wondering if the fluid is anything other than de-ionised water as it is simply to wet the surface and activate the bonding agent on the film...?

David

lrg32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You do know that the fluid is just a bit of soap and water, nothing special. Ive tried many of these types of skins from Zagg, Ghost armor, and BSE and installation is the same thruout since they are all similar types of skins. BSE is the cheapest by far cause it only comes in an envelope with no liquid (they instruct you to use a bit of soap and water for installation). I usually use the spray bottle that came with the earlier Zaggs (Exact one that youre holding in the pic) and put a drop of liquid soap in it and fill the rest with water.

I'd say save yourself about 2/3rds of the cost and buy from Best Skins Ever. Also no need to go to a Kiosk for installation. You just need patience to install these skins. My routine since ive done dozens of these already is:

-I clear out my coffee table and wipe it down with a wet paper towel
-then I use some iclear wipes to clean out my device,
-Wash my hands and leave them a little damp, don't dry off with a towel since you could p/up lint this way
-the I use some canned air to blow all traces of dust off my device
-spray your hands w/ solution and carefully peel off skin
-generously spray down both sides of the skin before applying
-while the skin is wet on the device, shift it around to get a perfect fit
-once situated spray the top skin again then gently squeegee out the excess liquid
-also use palm trick for those harder to get down corners
-then leave device to dry for a few hours. There will still be air bubbles and such but they'll go away w/in a few days.

My 1st install of zagg on my old iphone went horribly, but since then ive put a BSE skin on almost every device I own and most of my families devices, so ive had lots of practice at it, but it definitely is a time consumer if you want it perfect (And im pretty OCD so maybe I take longer than I need to)...

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just glancing through the Zagg website and came across this in the FAQ:

Q: My solution bottle came empty or leaked. How can I get more?

A: Our SHIELDSpray™ application solution is mostly a water-based solution, so if your bottle doesn't have solution in it, we suggest just filling it up with water. There is usually enough residue left in the bottle from the original solution, so just filling it up with water again should make it work just fine! If you run out during the installation, you can still refill the bottle up to 2-3 more times and still have the same effect.

Most reactions

Latest posts