What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I use my friend's AT&T sim card, will it activate my phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayne keator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need a little help. I have a iphone 3gs. I had the 5.1 tethered jailbreak, but decided to try for the untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak. I upgraded my iphone to the 5.1.1 firmware and then downloaded absinthe 2.0.1.

I did what the absinthe directions said to do, which was: "Once your backup is complete return to your device and go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content and Settings. This will make the jailbreak process much faster."

I started the absinthe jailbreak and then i got an error saying,"The attached device is not activated. You need to activate it before it can be used with Absinthe."

What did I do wrong, and what should I do to fix it? I have a TMobile sim card so obviously I can't activate an iphone with that. The original owner/friend that gave me this iphone has an AT&T sim card, but it's for the iphone 4, so it won't fit this phone right? I have another friend with an AT&T sim card. Will his sim card work to activate my phone? Will it mess up his sim card if I try to use it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, since "here there be iPads," this thread is closed. Thanks for your understanding and good luck over at the iPhone Forum. They are a nice bunch over there ... knowledgeable too. I am sure they will be able to help.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts