What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

if i give my 2 to my sister

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
she likes a lot of my apps, some are paid for.
she also wants to create her own apple id.
so if she changes the apple is et.al. will she still be able to use the paid apps already on the 2?
and if she syncs with her new id on her own computer, will all the apps sync up?

thx

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You plan on giving your sister your iPad 2 with apps purchased from your Apple ID, correct? I'm almost positive, if she syncs the iPad to her computer witha new ID, she'll no longer be able to use them and will have to re-purchase with her own ID. Hopefully someone else an pop in and confirm this.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
She will be able to use the apps, but she will not be able to update them without your Apple ID. That means all your really doing is delaying the inevitable time when she will have to delete and buy the apps anyway.

It's generally better to restore the iPad to default and start over when transferring an iPad to a new user who is not living in the same household.

If she is living in the same household, and you don't mind sharing the Apple ID for buying iTunes content and apps, you could just get another iCloud ID for separate email, contacts, calendars, etc.

If you want to be extra nice, figure out how much the apps she wants would cost and get her an iTunes Gift Card. Or you can use the Gift option in the iTunes store to send her some or all of those apps after she has her own account.

Most reactions