What's new
Apple iPad Forum

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud sync

Monkeys

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi there I'm new to using ios so please bear with me and hope you can be kind

If i sync an iPhone and an iPad once apps are synced on both devices. How do I delete the app from one device but have it kept on the other device for example iPad forum app on iPhone but delete if from iPad.


2) how do I delete a picture from photo stream


3) how do I take of a device off iCloud because I have 2 devices synced with one another but I want to remove the iPad and no longer want it synced as some apps I use on the iPhone but don't use at all on the iPad . But I want my apps to remain on the iPad just not on ICloud anymore


4) lastly why is what's app free on android but not on iPhone?
 

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
10,665
Reaction score
1,470
Location
Edmonton AB Canada
Monkeys said:
Hi there I'm new to using ios so please bear with me and hope you can be kind

If i sync an iPhone and an iPad once apps are synced on both devices. How do I delete the app from one device but have it kept on the other device for example iPad forum app on iPhone but delete if from iPad.?

Long press on the app until a cross appears. Touch the cross to delete the app. Press the home button when finished deleting.

Monkeys said:
2) how do I delete a picture from photo stream?

I don't use photo stream so can't help with this one.

Monkeys said:
3) how do I take of a device off iCloud because I have 2 devices synced with one another but I want to remove the iPad and no longer want it synced as some apps I use on the iPhone but don't use at all on the iPad . But I want my apps to remain on the iPad just not on ICloud anymore?

Haven't tried this one, so caution advised, but this should work as far as I can see.

Go to Settings/iCloud/
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and Delete Account.

Monkeys said:
4) lastly why is what's app free on android but not on iPhone?

That would be up to the developer.
 
OP
M

Monkeys

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Thanks man thanks but will deleting app from iPhone also delete it of the iPad as I want to keep it on the iPad but not on iphone and I got them synced with icloudmcan I do that delete of iPad keep on iPhone without it deleting the iPhone one Sewell because when I install a app it appears on both devices that's fine but what about deleting one on device one but keeping it on device two

Yeh dude sometimes photostream don't have a delete button but album will weird right?
 
Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 6, 2011
Messages
10,665
Reaction score
1,470
Location
Edmonton AB Canada
Monkeys said:
Thanks man thanks but will deleting app from iPhone also delete it of the iPad as I want to keep it on the iPad but not on iphone

Yeh dude sometimes photostream don't have a delete button but album will weird right?

No. You can delete from one device without affecting others. I install games on my phone for my son and they automatically install on his iPod and my iPad. I then delete them from my phone.
 
OP
M

Monkeys

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Thanks dude much appreciated top answer very good forum support from Kevinjs super moderator thanks dude thanks

Will always use this forum it's great
 
OP
M

Monkeys

iPF Noob
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Confirmation I deleted one app and it stays on the other device so that's good. Delete account just go to setting iCloud delete account but one thing iCloud keeps all your deleted app even once you delete them individually so you have to go into iCloud to remove thoese as well separately

And I know how to delete photostream just remove from iCloud and then your pictures are deleted hooray

Many thanks topic can now be closed
 

Latest posts

Top