What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud codec question

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Read somewhere that you can increase your bit rate from the standard 128 to 320 via iCloud. Is this true? And how? I can't find the answer anywhere

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you get iTunes Match, all music that is matched from your iTunes library is available at 256 AAC. That's an upgrade for your older 128 AAC tracks, but a downgrade from lossless tracks. Normally this will only affect the music on the iPad or other iOS devices, but it may be possible (so I understand) to sync these higher quality tracks back to your iTunes library.

The only mention I can remember of 320 MP3 was in a cloud music comparison. I think it was Amazon or Google that was using it for the songs your purchase through them.

Let me see if I can find that article. . .

Well, I can't find the exact article I remember, but there are a ton of them. If you are curious just do a Google search for 'cloud music comparison'; but set aside a couple hours if you are going to read them all (though I suspect the repetition after the first couple will discourage all but the hardiest of fact finders). It was Google who offers the 320 MP3 tracks, btw. ;)

Lots of info on iTunes Match in this thread, if you missed it. Especially the last 10 or so posts.
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...assistance/53636-itunes-match-launched-5.html

Most reactions