What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud backup of single files?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ill start of by saying I've never really used the iCloud backup feature. I'm usually one to restore my firmware often, and setting it up as a new iPad every time (I notice it's a bit quicker than when I restore from a backup). But I've got 1.7GB of documents in an app which is not yet capable of iCloud sync. So I'm just curious as to what would happen if I go to iCloud settings, and enable the backup solely for that app; restore my firmware as a new iPad; install the app from the app store; and then restore from iCloud backup. Would it basically just restore all that app data? Or am I thinking of this wrong?

Actually, can I restore from iCloud backup at any time? Or can it only be done when first setting up the iPad?

Most reactions