What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud address

ratfink

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have to have the same email account address on all apple products or does it recognize all iCloud addresses. I have an iPhone ,IPAD and now a MacBook pro and am not sure how they talk to one another. Forgive me I an old and grey, but my IPAD has two iCloud addresses but also gmail as does mt phone but I seem to have set up the iCloud address on my Mac differently. HELP. HOW DO I GET IT RIGHT.:eek:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Maybe this will help.

Apple IDs and iCloud

In general you need to set up the same iCloud address on any devices you expect to sync together, including your computer. You do not need to use all the iCloud services like Mail, Calendars, etc. Each can be shut off. You can have as many other email accounts as you want by adding them in Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars; but do not add iCloud here. Do that under the iCloud settings. When you do this iCloud will show up alongside the other accounts, but there will be no delete option.

Hope that helps.

peterwhi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad iCloud

Very helpful. So, if the addresses wind up different from one another on the computer and on the iPad, say, so the main purpose of achieving sync is being frustrated, what is the best way to go about resolving the situation? The addresses need to be changed, possibly by deleting and starting afresh. Can this be done?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Pick one address and use it on both.

All you need to do is sign out of iCloud on the computer/device that is using the unwanted address, then sign back in using the correct address.

On the iPad that's at Settings > iCloud
On a Mac it is in System Preferences > iCloud
Windows has some sort of control panel that I've never seen, so you're on you own there: or you could check out the following link. ;)

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts