What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iBooks

want2cant29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am just learning iBooks. Is there a quick and easy way to save emails into iBooks?
I have ipad2

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi want...I am not sure if I understand your question regarding emails saved in iBooks. Please give nore information. Are you referring to saving A PDF attachment from your email?

Welcome to the iPadForum! This forum is loaded with invaluable information which contain many sections that cover the iPad *App Store, Help, General Discussion, Accessories, Ipad Education and Business. The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. See here: http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php

If you have not already, please take a moment to download the iPad Manual User Guide iOS 5. This is extremely helpful if you are new to the iPad world. http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_user_guide.pdf

Finally, please take a moment to read our Forum Rules:http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Best Wishes and Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
want2cant29

want2cant29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, I am just trying to figure out how to move or save certain emails to the IBooks bookshelf. Seems like a better storage place for saved items.
Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that is possible. Did you read somewhere that you could? My understanding was that it read PDFs, epubs and books that are "DRM free." So you can save PDF attachments from your email, but not sure about the actual email itself. Unless you are thinking of converting those emails first to a PDF than saving it to iboodks.

OP
want2cant29

want2cant29

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm. I will have to figure out how to save email in PDF format. Thanks for your help. Learning new things every step of the way.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
iBooks works great for saving emails. Good idea, thanks! This is for when using a Mac to read mail. I will check the iPad method later.

1. Open the email in Mail.
2. Click Print.
3. See the bottom left, where it says PDF? Click that.
4. See where it says "Save As PDF?" Click that. Save to a known folder such as documents or saved mail.
5. Find the PDF file in the folder.
6. Drag the PDF to the iBooks icon in the Dock.
7. Open iBooks.
8. Find the email PDF. Click it.
9. Create a "New Category from Selection." Call it eMail. After you have the collection, just add the new emails to it.

Now you can put new emails in the iBooks "eMail" collection. Just print to PDF, and drag it to the iBooks icon.
:eek:

n4uau

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I sure don't see any PDF option when I click print with ios7 on my Air. only it searching for a printer which I don't have. On the other hand I can save attachments like pdfs in ibooks or kindle reader, Word docs in Print.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I sure don't see any PDF option when I click print with ios7 on my Air. only it searching for a printer which I don't have. On the other hand I can save attachments like pdfs in ibooks or kindle reader, Word docs in Print.

If I'm not mistaken, the member above you is talking about saving an e-mail as a PDF file on a Mac computer. Then, after that work is done, you can put those PDFs into iBooks.

Marilyn

Most reactions