What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ibook question

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the ibook app on my iPad, ie the bookshelf, and I have one book on shelf called the iPad secrets.

I forget how I downloaded this book to the bookshelf and I would like to add more, how do I do that.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings,
There is a button on the upper right side of the bookshelf screen that says Store. When you click on the button it will take you to the iTunes store where you can download books. If you look around, some of them are free. I believe you can search for books on your computer with iTunes, also.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fid
I have store on my top left, but pressing it just shows what I have on my bookshelf?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Fid
I have store on my top left, but pressing it just shows what I have on my bookshelf?

This is what I see when I tap the store button in iBooks.

image-1115562630.jpg

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Fid

You probably have "Purchased" selected at the bottom of the screen. Touch the "Books" button to see what's in the store.

image-1265152530.jpg

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I don't have that pic that you both show.

I have just done a PRINTSCREEN of my bookshelf, the STORE button is dead, and the response to the COLLECTION button is shown in second PRINTSCREEN.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 273
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 287

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a thought that just occurred to me, did you have a live Internet connection when you tried to find the store? The store button won't work without an Internet connection.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, always connected, is it anything in settings?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 235
Last edited:

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Hi Guys

I don't have that pic that you both show.

I have just done a PRINTSCREEN of my bookshelf, the STORE button is dead, and the response to the COLLECTION button is shown in second PRINTSCREEN.

Yes, the store button is dead in that view. Tap book, then bookcase should flip back to the shelves. Then store button is alive again.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Art

That does not work, for when I tap on book, it opens, and the page covers the store button.

If you want or look to obtain a new book to put into ibook shelf, what do you do, step x step please.

Sorry for delay, I don't seem to be receiving notifications of reply to post.

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
frenchman96 said:
Art

That does not work, for when I tap on book, it opens, and the page covers the store button.

If you want or look to obtain a new book to put into ibook shelf, what do you do, step x step please.

Sorry for delay, I don't seem to be receiving notifications of reply to post.

Yes, the page of the book will cover all buttons. To see them u tap in the strip of the top which has library. Tap LIBRARY .

image-722223160.jpg

The bars next to LIBRARY will show the table of contents when u tap it. LIBRARY always takes to back to the shelves.

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Art

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you are telling me how to tap the book to open, or/and tap the library to see any display of books?

It is not telling me how/where I get more books, and how they end up in my ibook bookcase, if that is the correct terminology.

Art Frau

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Next u tap STORE which u said earlier was not alive. When u arrive in book store, type in free books in the search field. Then browse those book offerings.when u select a book u tap it.it will appear which should have free and sample. Tap sample to view the sample. Tap free to install it. The book should down load automatically to your iBooks shelf.

I read the threads related to your questions and the questions have been answered already by others so I assumed u had tried getting free books before & was familiar with the process. In this screen shot these are free iBooks as it was one of the choices that were in the drop down menu after typing in free books in search.

image-3454003392.jpg

OP
frenchman96

frenchman96

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Art
See another part screen, I can't take it any further, store is not live, I know what is on my bookshelf, but can't get to where you showed yours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 206

idbvideo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried the following?

1) Stop iBooks from running then restart it? (double tap the home button, scroll across to iBooks then hold the iBooks icon till the red sign apears on the icon then select the red sign to delete it)

2) Hard reset the Ipad (Hold the home button down and the power switch at the same time until the Ipad powers off (ignore the slider)

3) if all else fails, delete the Ibooks app and re-download from iTunes or iCloud)

These are the only options to fix it as far as I can see.....

Most reactions