What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iAnnotate: Doc loses its annotations

jerliz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After marking a document in iAnnotate and emailing it to my self for printing ... all my highlighting, etc are gone, not transferred. Am I expecting something not possible?

Jerry

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After marking a document in iAnnotate and emailing it to my self for printing ... all my highlighting, etc are gone, not transferred. Am I expecting something not possible?

Jerry
Please make sure you have the very latest copies of iAnnotate and Goodreader on your iPad. Read the instructions to both. Try again, if that doesn't work PM me here and I will help you.

BTW you are including your annotate notes when mailing the PDF out of the iPad aren't you? There are proper steps to take to insure that is what you are doing.

Again read the instructions in the User Help Guide before asking the question again.

Yes it works via email!

Kgraver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iannotate losing annotations

I'm having the same problem but worse. I'm losing my annotations in iannotate before I even leave the document. Then, when I tried to email the document to myself, the annotations disappeared. It has not happened on two documents. Did you resolve your issue?

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Goodreader. Your annotations will print out just fine.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having the same problem but worse. I'm losing my annotations in iannotate before I even leave the document. Then, when I tried to email the document to myself, the annotations disappeared. It has not happened on two documents. Did you resolve your issue?

When you go to e-mail the document to yourself, you should be offered three "Sharing Options" in iAnnotate: Annotated, Flattened and Original.

With Annotated, not all PDF readers can "see" any annotations you've made. You have to use a compatible PDF reader.

With Flattened, it's as if you've "baked" your annotations into the document. No more changes can be made to the document, but it can be read in [almost] anything that can read PDF files.

With Original, it's as if you made no annotations at all. You're e-mailing the document you started with.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Nicholebydesign

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to use save2pdf. Flatten to this. then in save2pdfsave to drop box...

.....it's so ridiculous....

Most reactions

Latest posts