What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want the URL to a Youtube video

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On another message board like this, guys post a bunch of random stupid videos which are apt to the conversation at hand. I can watch these since I have HTML 5.

HOWEVER, I've yet to find a means by which to post my own contributions, short of logging into a VNC server, and looking at it on a PC browser, and seeing what link Youtube or Dailymotion has for the video in question. As far as I know, iswifter is not connected to the clipboard.

I have to imagine, what with rampant Facebook and vBulletin use, that I'm not the only one who has tried to do this!

Thanks!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How would that particular video come up when u tap the you tube app?

Maybe these screenshots will help.

image-1609559408.jpg

image-1282301571.jpg

image-3164796490.jpg Once you've copied the link, you can paste it anywhere you wish.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't see all those options but thanks for the SS . How do u post them here? I can only send them from my Photos

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see all those options but thanks for the SS . How do u post them here? I can only send them from my Photos
That's where I post them from. I take the screenshots, which go to the camera roll. I then add the graphics in Skitch and send the edited photos back to the camera roll, where I post them to iPF.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I brought up the enlargements I could see better what u meant,but u have to play that particular video. Still not sure if I get all those options tho.is it whenvideofirst comes up u tap the curved checkmark?

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's where I post them from. I take the screenshots, which go to the camera roll. I then add the graphics in Skitch and send the edited photos back to the camera roll, where I post them to iPF.

I understand about Skitch, etc. but how do u send them back to camera roll, and then add them here? Know they have email options at photos, but not posting to forums.. That's what I don't understand .

I just brought up that curved arrow in photos but still don't know what to tap to post it here. Will see if it comes up with advanced. Nothing just what I'm posting here. No photo

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I understand about Skitch, etc. but how do u send them back to camera roll, and then add them here? Know they have email options at photos, but not posting to forums.. That's what I don't understand .

Here's how to send a Skitch photo to the camera roll. After you finish editing the photo, tap the box with an arrow coming out of it in the top right corner.

View attachment 38454.

View attachment 38455 From the resulting pop up, select camera roll. A pop up will appear to sat that the photo has been saved to the camera roll, tap the ok button.

As to how to import that photo from the photos app to this forum, the easiest way is to use the app. When you want to post a picture, tap the advanced button at the top right of the screen.

View attachment 38456

View attachment 38457

View attachment 38459

View attachment 38460

View attachment 38461

View attachment 38462

View attachment 38463 Once you tap the send button, the post, with it's photos will be uploaded to the forum.

Last edited:

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hit share in the YouTube app and you can copy and paste the URL link out of the resulting email.
Just tried again and last option was clipboard, not Copy! Do u use advanced to post a photo? Never have but think that's what has to be done to post one, but still can't figure how to get it from photos

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Posting urls from videoshares

I can't see to find the advanced arrow at top right of screen..only the mail arrow at very top left

Having trouble posting here. Hope I,m not messing up the thread. When I use qick reply I get message too short!

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Still don't see the advanced on upper right, just on lower right of this reply box, but don't have a photo to try it now

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still don't see the advanced on upper right, just on lower right of this reply box, but don't have a photo to try it now

If you're posting from the app, it's at the upper right as you're writing your post.

BettiBz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you're posting from the app, it's at the upper right as you're writing your post.

Don't know what u mean bt posting from the app. This thread came up on ipad and am replying to it.didnt get here thru app, so still don't see that arrow where u said.if I go thru app may not be able to find this thread

Most reactions

Latest posts