What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I tried to download os 4.3

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Internet timed out twice. I have a new lap top with windows 7. I tethered my iPad and all seemed to be going well and it timed out first time in about 30 minutes. Tried again and I thought it was about done. The message says could not complete because Internet timed out try later. I am using Verizon MiFi for my connection. No other problem. My MiFi has worked great. Should I try later at night. Would that help. I have read a lot of the comments and I am not sure I want to upgrade. I my iPad has been wonderful and I don't want to mess it up.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been a number of posts on this Forum from people having the same problem - i.e. the timing out - but I've not seen the definitive cure for this problem. I'm on iOS 4.2.1 but decided not to upgrade to 4.3 because I'm a 'coward' and don't want to 'mess things up' as you say. I'm also not quite sure what advantages I get from going to 4.3.....

Maybe other Forum members know the latest 'fix' to this timeout problem, if you do decide to continue the upgrade. Let us know what you decide to do and how it eventually goes...

Tim
Scotland

OP
Ellie

Ellie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Tim. I don't see any advantage to downloading. I already have 4.2.1 and see nothing I would want on next download. I am not going to rock the boat

cogboot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have upgraded to 4.3 and can state with confidence that it doesn't make the slightest bit of difference. I have not experienced the timing out that you mention but I haven't experienced anything else either, not for the better and not for the worse. It seems as if this upgrade is a complete exercise in futility.

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iOS 4.3 has completely transformed safari performance on my iPad. First thing I tested was the browsing speed and wow, it is a lot faster. As time goes on, I haven't really noticed as much, but at first you notice.

Multi tasking seems improved, as does memory issues...safari doesn't seem to refresh as frequent as it used to on iOS 4.2.1.

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3 is an awesome upgrade which turned up the speed on my safari. Upgrade means upgrade , you can not stay down there forever. We use 10.6 on our Mac pro(s) and iMac and can not wait for this summer to upgrade to the Lion. I understand that apple will be releasing 4.3.1 in two weeks. Our iPad and iPhones have been upgraded with no issues.

viettechlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! I'm downloading it right now.

If anyone knows how to get out of this mode of needing to download the updates manually, I would greatly appreciate knowing that as well. (Do I need to do a restore?)

Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts