What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I pad3 big joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkfini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY brother bought new iPad 3 i tried to find a difference between 2&3 but i cant find anything , who can tell me about i pad 3?!

OP
tkfini

tkfini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Basic noticeable differences? Better camera and x2 resolution screen

That what i refer to

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
And Dictation. Dictation is kind of cool.

The general consensus of the media was that if you had an iPad 2 there was no compelling reason to upgrade. The additions were good, but not you-can't-live-without-it good. But if you were buying your first iPad, then the new iPad was the way to go, unless you were under budget constraints that made the iPad 2 your only choice.

Or simply, it wasn't worth the price of a new iPad just to get the new features, but those features are worth the extra $100 if you are buying an iPad anyway.

All based on your budget and what you consider important, of course. I upgraded more because I wanted more storage and 3G than the retina display, but I'm certainly not disappointed by that display.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MY brother bought new iPad 3 i tried to find a difference between 2&3 but i cant find anything , who can tell me about i pad 3?!

I don't understand what your saying the big joke is? Basic differences are obvious in the screen resolution. If you cannot tell the difference just by looking at the home screen then open a webpage and zoom in on a word as far as it will go. The difference should then be very obvious.

OP
tkfini

tkfini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
seneca18 said:
I don't understand what your saying the big joke is? Basic differences are obvious in the screen resolution. If you cannot tell the difference just by looking at the home screen then open a webpage and zoom in on a word as far as it will go. The difference should then be very obvious.

You are talking about web page and I'm talking about the device ( i went to the page thats kind of marketing )
I want to ask you to pick an i pad2 and compare it to i pad3 i did it before no difference except square appears at the beginning
Of camera .

OP
tkfini

tkfini

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
And Dictation. Dictation is kind of cool.

The general consensus of the media was that if you had an iPad 2 there was no compelling reason to upgrade. The additions were good, but not you-can't-live-without-it good. But if you were buying your first iPad, then the new iPad was the way to go, unless you were under budget constraints that made the iPad 2 your only choice.

Or simply, it wasn't worth the price of a new iPad just to get the new features, but those features are worth the extra $100 if you are buying an iPad anyway.

All based on your budget and what you consider important, of course. I upgraded more because I wanted more storage and 3G than the retina display, but I'm certainly not disappointed by that display.

It is based on budget i agree with you.

Krooked

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last week my brother-in-law handed me his iPad. I thought there was something wrong with the screen. Turned out it was an iPad 2. The iPad 3 is my first iPad. The difference to me in image quality was extremely obvious. Though to be fair, I have really good eyesight.

Sichan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't have an ipad3
but is there a difference when playing a video with 720p?

I know that the screen resolution for the first two gen is 768 (above the 720)
but will the quality be better with the 1536 on the ipad3?
or it looks the same?

cherapin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The CPU and memory are slightly different (1gb ram vs 512mb ) . iPad 3 is also smaller(thinner) . 1080p camera vs 720p;
2048×1536 resolution.

Verndog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The CPU and memory are slightly different (1gb ram vs 512mb ) . iPad 3 is also smaller(thinner) . 1080p camera vs 720p;
2048×1536 resolution.

Pretty sure Ipad 3 is actually .5mm thicker then 2 because of battery size increase. Also heavier then 2 but lighter then 1.

I actually had a 2 at first as a gift. After reading differences I returned it for the 3 for the extra $100.00. I'm glad I did, text is much nicer for reading, and clarity is outstanding compared to good on the 2. Also, the voice dictation works excellent, and works almost anywhere you would type in text.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions