What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I-Pad battery

DickW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many charges battery can stand before needing replacement? How much is new battery?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
DickW said:
Does anyone know how many charges battery can stand before needing replacement? How much is new battery?

Here is a page that will tell you all you need to know about maintaining your battery. Your battery should retain about 80% of its capacity after 1,000 charge cycles.
http://www.apple.com/batteries/ipad.html

This page lists the cost of replacing batteries in Apple iDevices,including the iPad. iPad battery replacement costs $99.00 plus shipping. You can also do it in person at an Apple store.
http://www.apple.com/batteries/replacements.html

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
Once again I refer iPad users to try the free app Kingsoft Battery Doctor.
You will find that when your battery is showing 100% there is still at least 1 1/2hrs of charging space left to top it off.
This app is very cool with several features that are very useful, and really has extended my battery use every time that I use it.

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

OP
D

DickW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi,
Once again I refer iPad users to try the free app Kingsoft Battery Doctor.
You will find that when your battery is showing 100% there is still at least 1 1/2hrs of charging space left to top it off.
This app is very cool with several features that are very useful, and really has extended my battery use every time that I use it.

Chas

Sorry, I'm dense. I searched for Kingsoft Battery Doctor at the App store & came up empty. How is it listed?
Thanks

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi DickW,
Sorry, but I don't appreciate your self deprecation. That's not being fair to yourself. please refrain from any further outbursts.
Your negativity has been reported to the proper authorities for revue. Smile, I jest of course.

Ok it seems they added a whole new title to their app. And there are a number of similarly named Battery Doctor apps.

When you go to App Store search for:

Beijing Kingsoft Internet Security Software Co LTD Battery Doctor HD

I found it by simply typing Battery Doctor, apparently your mileage may vary...

There are two apps now, one for iPad and one for iPhone.

I hope that helps.

Chas

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
when you think of it, 1000 full cycles means you discharge to 0% and back to 100%. If you do this every day for right at 3 years, you will be at the 80% mark listed above. Chances are that your iPad will no longer be receiving updates to the OS from Apple and there will be quite a bit of Apps out that are not supported on your generation at that point PLUS at least 2 more generations of iPads will have come out. At that point, it may be worthwhile to sell the current one and take the money and apply it to a new one. I did this recently and a new 32GB Wifi iPad Gen 3 cost me $100 out of pocket - the price of the battery.

Yes, I am making some assumptions.

OP
D

DickW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi DickW,
Sorry, but I don't appreciate your self deprecation. That's not being fair to yourself. please refrain from any further outbursts.
Your negativity has been reported to the proper authorities for revue. Smile, I jest of course.

Ok it seems they added a whole new title to their app. And there are a number of similarly named Battery Doctor apps.

When you go to App Store search for:

Beijing Kingsoft Internet Security Software Co LTD Battery Doctor HD

I found it by simply typing Battery Doctor, apparently your mileage may vary...

There are two apps now, one for iPad and one for iPhone.

I hope that helps.

Chas

Aha!
My shattered personality restored. Thanks

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi DickW,
Ah, not problem, as after many several years of serious psychological counseling myself, I finally got a handle on it here too.
A Smile takes you places, a frown will never go... Smile!!

Did you find the Kingsoft Battery Doctor app?
It might very well be similar to other Battery conserving apps, but I found this one very much to my liking...
There is a terrific info section too, which helps clarify several things about time use and battery consumption.

The only draw back or negative concern I have, if you click on Developer Web Site or App Support, they are all written in Chinese.
http://www.ijinshan.com/dcys/
http://e.weibo.com/dianchiyisheng

Enjoy it. Should you choose to download it.

Your iPad battery can thank me later...

Chas

Last edited:
OP
D

DickW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redhotpoker said:
Hi DickW,
Ah, not problem, as after many several years of serious psychological counseling myself, I finally got a handle on it here too.
A Smile takes you places, a frown will never go... Smile!!

Did you find the Kingsoft Battery Doctor app?
It might very well be similar to other Battery conserving apps, but I found this one very much to my liking...
There is a terrific info section too, which helps clarify several things about time use and battery consumption.

The only draw back or negative concern I have, if you click on Developer Web Site or App Support, they are all written in Chinese.
http://www.ijinshan.com/dcys/
http://e.weibo.com/dianchiyisheng

Enjoy it. Should you choose to download it.

Your iPad battery can thank me later...

Chas

[\<%&euro;£!?^||<>
The above is supposed to be Chinese characters for: " downloaded & using successfully". Many thanks .

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi DickW,
I won't judge you on your Chinese written language "barrier"!! In fact I thought that was rather humorous. As it was meant I'm sure.
Perhaps you could utilize Google translator for actual verbiage. But I've had plenty of negative experience already using it to translate Japanese for me, and what regularly comes back, is quite often more gibberish than actual translation.

Glad you found the app. Have fun with it and please enjoy the Doctor and always remember:
To a complete record of charge, always open the battery when charging a doctor.

Hahaha, more of that wonderful translation, right in the Battery Doctor app itself!!

take care

Chas

Most reactions

Latest posts