What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need to change one of my iPad 2 iCloud accounts and I wonder...

IbelithLP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We've two iPad 2 (one is mine and the other is my mom's) backing-up with the same iCloud account, but my mom thinks she needs her own account.
Is there a way to change the account an iPad 2 uses to back-up without having to do a complete restore?

Maitrey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In ur itunes in pc or mac...go to edit>preference>off auto sync....thn connect ur ipad(which u want change id)...dont sync..now in left side of ur itunes right click on ur device..click on back up...do back up on tht PC..now restore ur ipad from tht back up and change ur ID so whnever u connect now from tht ID TO same PC u wont loose ur data

Maitrey for IPF

OP
IbelithLP

IbelithLP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that I'm having trouble backing-up that iPad 2 using iTunes.

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are using the same iCloud account, then I assume you are using the same AppleID?

Try creating a new AppleID for one of the iPads, sign out in settings and delete the iCloud account. Then sign in with the new AppleID and set up another iCloud account.

madavid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just received a new iPad for work and I want to set it up with a new secondary iTunes account- however I would like to transfer some purchases from my primary iTunes account. Is that possible?

Most reactions

Latest posts