What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need help with my ipad 2 from an expert plz

Mehdi.arab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and thank u for visiting,

I have a jailbroken iPad 2 GSM 64G and today i tried to upgrade its firmware from 4.2.2 to 5.1.1 with the help of tinyUnbrella and itunes, but i forgot to take a shsh before the actual update. my device crashed and restarted meanwhile update was running, but after that my device start up perfectly. I tried to save its shsh but the version that my shsh had was 5.1.1 although it was still running 4.2.2, after that i tried to restart the device from its own menu, but it went to 10xx loop. and now when i turn my device to dfu and back it shows apple logo and after that a bar appears and starts to fill but it crashes and over again, i guess its 10xx loop right? but i couldn't fix it with TU's fox recovery mode. and when i try to restore my device using itunes it gave me 1600 error and some other ones, using redsnow couldn't solve it, i read somewhere that if i remove tcpwindowsize it can help. after that itunes gives an error about the sever cannot being contacted. anyhow i want to know if i can somehow manually flash my device and change its firmware?

please help i need my device soon, i work with it like everyday, and i live in a place that no expert is nearby so i can trust him with my iPad.

Help, Help, Help

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't upgrade to anything but IOS 6.0 at the moment. Apple is only signing that version for the iPad 2.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To restore to iOS 6, just put your iPad into DFU mode, untick "Set Host to Cydia", shift+click Restore on iTunes and select the iOS 6 IPSW for the iPad 2(downloadable from iPadForums or other sites) and it'll restore.

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you get stuck like i did- heeres a mega tip

how? can u give a like to a guide?

Try using itunes on a different computer to restore it will be ios 6 but if your realy fu....
thats what i did after having no ssh and stuck in siri port loop
i kept getting 5213- 1590 and a buch more! but i did not want to screw up itunes on my pc
so tried netbook in other room and it blew past recovery loop and restored to 5.1.1 as this was a while ago
ipad 3/ 3g 32 gigs ,no more siri ports hope this helps

OP
M

Mehdi.arab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To restore to iOS 6, just put your iPad into DFU mode, untick "Set Host to Cydia", shift+click Restore on iTunes and select the iOS 6 IPSW for the iPad 2(downloadable from iPadForums or other sites) and it'll restore.

i havent tried os 6 hope it works :|

OP
M

Mehdi.arab

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using itunes on a different computer to restore it will be ios 6 but if your realy fu....
thats what i did after having no ssh and stuck in siri port loop
i kept getting 5213- 1590 and a buch more! but i did not want to screw up itunes on my pc
so tried netbook in other room and it blew past recovery loop and restored to 5.1.1 as this was a while ago
ipad 3/ 3g 32 gigs ,no more siri ports hope this helps

i would definitely do that, yet i have messed up my itunes and what not

Most reactions