What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need a favour from you guys

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My sister just got an ipad 2 and think theres something wrong with it. I dont have my ipad with me right now to test thats why im hoping to ask you guys.

Go to any site where it has a form letting you input text. Press space bar then tap the caps arrow key once quick. Does the cap key turn blue/activate? Now try doing the same thing but press the backspace key first, again does the caps key activate?

Sent from my black 1TB 3G iPad 2 using iPF

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It should stay blue as you hit the space bar until u input the first letter then it deactivates, with backspace same thing it stays blue until u put in first letter and cursor goes nowhere past the start point. Are you confusing the arrow outline light blue as opposed to when you double tap it for caps lock and the whole thing turns a darker blue?

Somehow I feel like I just fell for someone's prank, lol

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't the caps key already activated for the first letter in any new field? I tried your examples and pressing space bar and then the caps arrow key de-activates caps as expected. Tapping the backspace key first doesn't change anything.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No i press the delete or space bar and the caps arrow key once and the arrow doesnt stay blue. I basically have to press the delete or space twice for it to work. What thr hell? This cant be normal

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I thought you didn't have your iPad with you?

Its a fake signaturr im actually posting from my iphone 4

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heres a video i made with my iphone of what im talking about exactly.

Last edited by a moderator:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heres a video i made with my iphone of what im talking about exactly.

Without seeing what's on the screen it's impossible to tell exactly what's going on. That said, that's normal behavior IF (as already mentioned) it's at the beginning of a sentence or if there was a capital letter already there...in other words, if you're deleting a capital letter, the shift key will automatically activate (again). To deactivate it simply tap the shift key.

Curious, why do you have a fake iPad signature on your iPhone?

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
Without seeing what's on the screen it's impossible to tell exactly what's going on. That said, that's normal behavior IF (as already mentioned) it's at the beginning of a sentence or if there was a capital letter already there...in other words, if you're deleting a capital letter, the shift key will automatically activate (again). To deactivate it simply tap the shift key.

Curious, why do you have a fake iPad signature on your iPhone?

Well the cursor is away from any letters or in blank space.

Most reactions

Latest posts