What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have stated such already but it needs to be said at every opportunity.

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He signs are there. Steve Jobs set the standard and solidly fixed the bar way high. He and his round table have created a surplus so large that today's administration, the Cook administration can afford to fail . "fail" and still survive as it pertains to stockholders. But only so many mistakes can be made. Let's y ip3 matches ip2 sales from day 1 and quarter to quarter. Great. Although this new iPad is a pretty routine design with the 3 major feature upgrades it does still have in the really early stages , Steve's finger prints on it so to me that's all it needs is that era ending participation and decision making in it. There are no more Steve Jobs anything in anything else after this new iPad and even this had a bare minimum of input due to his absence as he faded.
Don't you think he earned the right to speak of a device such as this 7" itablet coming in Sept / Oct as a bad idea? One which he would not do. The Mitch overlaps iPad ,iPod and iPhone unless it has cellular which I doubt. Why would Cook do one then? It's either to prove Steve wrong or just push his weight. And ego.
This ipad3 's name s goofy. It's a gen 3 iPad , it's not a new iPad... Maybe I'm weak in my explanation but my point is that this iPad's name would never get past Steve's eye rolling ,, he'll no!
These are two things that we all know Jobs would not do and the name is not important enough to dwell. On although the master marketeer would not have it IMO. The 7" iPad mini hand held I almost wish it's a giant flop which needs price reductions to clear inventory. Maybe they now know something Steve Jobs overlooked but I know I would not want an oversized iPod or a small pad. Then there's the good sized iPhone. It's directly against what the companies founding father stated emphatically .if this era shows a different Apple will not be happy about that nor surprised. Then again cook has a mega cushion to fall on so his ego trip will not land hard. Could be some other things done differently that lend themselves to a new ,less solid direction. What Steve did not just anybody can come along and do. Even a close ,insider who knows everything about the holy book of St. Steve. Unlimited funds can mess with ya mind. You may not be as concerned to initial dissapointment.
My mind is not " blown " yet. A greater iPad IMO is now about to surface though. Got to keep it up each and every time Tim. Put the Kia bash on that 7" tablet ASAP

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
WOW.

Ok, just curious. When did rumor become fact? Because I don't see anything you have stated as fact. Wild speculation, yes. Wild assumptions, yes. Wild rumors, yes. That makes your post an opinion. And to be blunt, not a very well formed one.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't really tell what you are trying to say here as your thoughts seem rambling and disjointed. However, I will address this:

<<<Put the Kia bash on that 7" tablet ASAP>>>

I'm assuming you meant "kibosh" here, and am wondering why it seems that so many "Apple" people are against the 7" tablet. Is it because Steve Jobs didn't like them? Amazon has shown with the Fire that there is a desire for them. I myself had a Fire (and then a Samsung 7" Tab), and while I ultimately returned both of them, it wasn't due to their size but their OS. Who wouldn't want a smaller iPad that could be held more comfortably for reading in bed, etc?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The smaller iPad concept would be more 8" than 7", for one thing. For another, SJ may have said no to an 8" iPad, but there is a market for one. There is a market for anything if it does a needed function well. An 8" device is easier to hold, but not much easier to carry for men. It does not fit in a pocket, and is no more functional than the iPad. The only question is whether or not there is enough value in making a smaller iPad or larger iPod Touch to warrant the investment. And remember that creating a maufacturing line for a smaller tablet, means one less manufacturng line for making the iPads selling faster than can be made.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The smaller iPad concept would be more 8" than 7", for one thing. For another, SJ may have said no to an 8" iPad, but there is a market for one. There is a market for anything if it does a needed function well. An 8" device is easier to hold, but not much easier to carry for men. It does not fit in a pocket, and is no more functional than the iPad. The only question is whether or not there is enough value in making a smaller iPad or larger iPod Touch to warrant the investment. And remember that creating a maufacturing line for a smaller tablet, means one less manufacturng line for making the iPads selling faster than can be made.

I'd buy a 7" or 8" iPad. Will be interested to see what Apple decides. Whatever decision it makes, it won't be based on the type of incoherent, rambling lack of logic like that of the original post, lol.

thewaffle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a 7 inch Samsung Galaxy tab. It was great to hold for longer period especially for reading books and such but magazines and comics were a different experience - it doesn't compare at all to a 9.7 inch screen.
Whether Apple will go down this road or not depends on whether they feel it's a necessity and something that could turn a profit.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a 7 inch Samsung Galaxy tab. It was great to hold for longer period especially for reading books and such but magazines and comics were a different experience - it doesn't compare at all to a 9.7 inch screen.
Whether Apple will go down this road or not depends on whether they feel it's a necessity and something that could turn a profit.

Yup, I have a Kindle Fire, which I find is a great size for books. For me, a smaller iPad would be an additional device, not a replacement for a full-size iPad, of which I already have two.

mdholm

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Of course it could turn a profit; stick an Apple logo on anything and I'm sure it will sell.
Seriously, though, I agree with you regarding magazines; I didn't enjoy reading them on a 7" tablet.

McTablet_T2C

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading the original post over and over, not sure whats the beef about. Everybody know the SJ was a true talent, like the Michael Jordan. but he is gone and im sure the other are trying their best to
make the best future for Apple. If a mini iPad is a good idea or not, i would say it a question of taste and preference.

To some extent people expect so much from Apple, yeah they make great things, but they cant invent a game changer every time time come out with a new product. the classic iPod is still around, nobody seem to be complaining about that. Even if iPad3 was lighter thinner, stronger, faster, had wings and can make coffee people will still complain about it.

Point is, give it a break, iPads are nice, so will an iPad mini if that rumor is even true.

just my 20 cents

maleaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dislike the way apple markets their products

v1. No USB, Mic, Camera
v2. 1 USB
v3 Camera + 2 USB
v4 etc...

azone5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd certainly buy a mini-iPAD. That would be my daily travel companion!

Smartazz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't really tell what you are trying to say here as your thoughts seem rambling and disjointed. However, I will address this:

<<<Put the Kia bash on that 7" tablet ASAP>>>

I'm assuming you meant "kibosh" here, and am wondering why it seems that so many "Apple" people are against the 7" tablet. Is it because Steve Jobs didn't like them? Amazon has shown with the Fire that there is a desire for them. I myself had a Fire (and then a Samsung 7" Tab), and while I ultimately returned both of them, it wasn't due to their size but their OS. Who wouldn't want a smaller iPad that could be held more comfortably for reading in bed, etc?

Aka, The IPhone...

ticka1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone ever think that "flash" will be on Apple products now that SJ's is not with us anymore? Because I am purchasing my 1st ipad with the 3rd generation and everyone that is against ipad said it doesn't have flash - you won't be able to search all sites. Of course I didn't listen and I pre-ordered mine today.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone ever think that "flash" will be on Apple products now that SJ's is not with us anymore? Because I am purchasing my 1st ipad with the 3rd generation and everyone that is against ipad said it doesn't have flash - you won't be able to search all sites. Of course I didn't listen and I pre-ordered mine today.

Adobe has cancelled Flash for all NON-PCs. IE no phones or tablets will ever see an update or version of Flash again.

Flash is a dead product. As soon as Adobe Edge is widely accepted or one of there other projects spins up, Flash will finally die on the PC as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts