What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have converted over to white!!!

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im the last person to buy white electronics, im generally not a fan of them.....but i dont know what it is, but ipad 2 i think looks better in white. It just stands out more and is elegant. Nothing against black but the white is so sexy and its different! You can tell apart from ipad 1 from a distance. Also picked up a white case to put it in but not sure if im going to keep it or get the black case. Cause white does get dirty easy.

here you go. Friend of mine says to bring the case back for the black cause its going turn grey very quick.

img4037d.jpg
img4038ke.jpg

img4039x.jpg

img4040e.jpg

img4041.jpg

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tapmyapple said:
Im the last person to buy white electronics, im generally not a fan of them.....but i dont know what it is, but ipad 2 i think looks better in white. It just stands out more and is elegant. Nothing against black but the white is so sexy and its different! You can tell apart from ipad 1 from a distance. Also picked up a white case to put it in but not sure if im going to keep it or get the black case. Cause white does get dirty easy.

Go on! You bought so everyone would know you've got the two, you devil! It certainly looks good with the smart covers but I would probably get it dirty! Tell us how you get on with it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a white one also. Actually the reason I started posting on this board was when I was trying to decide between the two. One big reason to stay away from white was that some people said it would distracting, but I don't agree with that now. When watching a movie or viewing pics, the white bezel is not distracting, and when it's not being used, it looks beautiful lol!

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got a white one also. Actually the reason I started posting on this board was when I was trying to decide between the two. One big reason to stay away from white was that some people said it would distracting, but I don't agree with that now. When watching a movie or viewing pics, the white bezel is not distracting, and when it's not being used, it looks beautiful lol!

I/we have a white iPad also ... I also probably was one who suggested less viewing performance, etc. I also find the white is great, however. Interestingly, I also have the Apple Wireless keyboard and the keys match. Now how nice is that.

I type a lot and needed/wanted a great keyboard ... nothing better than the Apple keyboard (touch and technically). I know Zaggmate is awesome in packaging for those on the go a lot)... this is also most acceptable... just ask Marilyn (Mickey330).

Just wanted to be agreeable and supporting... we all need that once in a while. FWIW.

ipaduser434

iPF Noob
Reaction score

White's cool. Fingerprints and smudges not noticeable, either.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Aspasia said:
White's cool. Fingerprints and smudges not noticeable, either.

Aahhgg! Yes, you got me, that wouldn't show up would it. 1 point to white ipad for you!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Bone1986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would never buy a white phone and was intending to get a black iPad, but after seeing the iPad2 in white in store, I had to have one!

Sent from my iPad2 using IPF

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought white too, but frankly, since it lives in a leather cygnet case it make little difference, only a small amount of white is seen.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
madhatter61 said:
I/we have a white iPad also ... I also probably was one who suggested less viewing performance, etc. I also find the white is great, however. Interestingly, I also have the Apple Wireless keyboard and the keys match. Now how nice is that.

I type a lot and needed/wanted a great keyboard ... nothing better than the Apple keyboard (touch and technically). I know Zaggmate is awesome in packaging for those on the go a lot)... this is also most acceptable... just ask Marilyn (Mickey330).

Just wanted to be agreeable and supporting... we all need that once in a while. FWIW.

Me too. I feel so sexy in class when. I whip em out. Ppl can't help but stare but I just go on. I dont even be taking notes. I be surfin'. Wooosh!

Tassiecelt said:
I bought white too, but frankly, since it lives in a leather cygnet case it make little difference, only a small amount of white is seen.

This is a sin!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

v0n

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you realize you spent less time putting on the screen protector? My dad got the black n he spent at least 30 mins more then I trying to get rid of lint. I've got plenty under mine but the white just masks all imperfection. 

At least for me I should say

romanr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a black one but after a couple of weeks of searching I came up empty and I knew my local Best Buy had the whites available so I bought the white thinking I would exchange it for a black one if I regretted the purchase. Well I really liked the white so much I didn't even consider trading for a black when they finally became available. I do wonder how the sales are lining up between white and black.

OP
T

Tapmyapple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking to buy a black one but after a couple of weeks of searching I came up empty and I knew my local Best Buy had the whites available so I bought the white thinking I would exchange it for a black one if I regretted the purchase. Well I really liked the white so much I didn't even consider trading for a black when they finally became available. I do wonder how the sales are lining up between white and black.

Thee white is outselling the black big time. I know the stores here they would immediately sell out of the white then black later.

MR1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I showed up in the morning at my Apple Store, white was what they had.
I have no regrets, had two white iPhones too.

A larger concern is keeping the screen clean on both devices.

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HKWrite12 said:
Me too. I feel so sexy in class when. I whip em out. Ppl can't help but stare but I just go on. I dont even be taking notes. I be surfin'. Wooosh!

This is a sin!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Not a "sin unto death" I hope:)

Tsuintx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also wanted white (16GB WiFi), but since the immediate availability is what it is, I had to do with a black one (32GB black).

Most reactions

Latest posts