What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Hate IOS5

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I really wish I had never updated to ios5. I have had so many syncing problems since I updated. The latest is that I tried to add a mp4 video to my video collection and after I had synced half my music was missing(greyed out), all my photo albums are missing ( the photos are there as a long stream of 4000 photos but the albums are not showing), and I get the message that xxxx items can not be synced, check iTunes for details. i have tried syncing several times and at one stage it said 3100 items could not be synced, the latest is 31 items.
I had none of these problems with ios4.

Another problem I have with ios5 is that I can no longer use djay to send my music by bluetooth to my Phillips bluetooth dock. The sound cuts out every few seconds, it works fine if I physically dock the iPad to the dock.
If only there was a way to revert to ios4( i know there isn't) - i have the same problem with my ios5 iPhone 4.

Pearlzt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was want to upgrade my ios ( current my ios is 4.5.3 ) but , after i read this article i become nervOuss ...

I think i better use my ipad a little while ..

Thanks for the information

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is a non issue, not because you are having issues, means iOS 5 is bad. You just need to pay attention, or do a little google search, try this forum for answers, and don't do stuff that you don't know what it means. Whatever issues you are having, check to see why it happened....that way you can have an idea on what went wrong. iTunes only do what you instruct it to do.

Apple devices work better with a Mac, try it out....Less stress!!!!

now since this is your thread, ask a few questions, if your search didn't find any answers.

iOS 5 and will not look backwards(0 trouble, and i have about 5 devices on it).

Blackbelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I echo the same. We have several IOS devices running on IOS 5.01 with 0 issues. The issue is not IOS.. I agree that upgrading with MAC based computers work better and since the systems are more efficient than PC the results are more superior.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blackbelt said:
I echo the same. We have several IOS devices running on IOS 5.01 with 0 issues. The issue is not IOS.. I agree that upgrading with MAC based computers work better and since the systems are more efficient than PC the results are more superior.

No issues w IOS 5 here ...

Sent from my Tricked Out, Sparkly Pink Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No issues so far with 5.0.1...less crashes...only issue is no LYRICS in music app anymore :(

OP
superhoops

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I follow this forum every day, several times a day, and am fully aware that most people are not experiencing issues with ios5. I just thought i would mention my experiences.
Deleting the ipod photo cache sorted the photo problem but I still got a lot of greyed out songs, i deleted all music and resynced but still the same. My next computer may well be a Mac, my son has one and loves it

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Blackbelt said:

As a non Mac'R I agree. I was having iDevice issues using a PC. I got fed up and went to the APPLE store and got all of my updates and it's all good now, except, the PC iTunes interface is still glitchy. Soon as I have enough cabbage I'm trashing my Dell and getting a Mac.

BTW ... APPLE Stores in Canada, at least the one where I live, are the gold standard for retail + customer service. I always feel like a somebody. I'm not tech savvy and the Genius guys walk me thru with patience. Which is why they will continue to get my money.

AA

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't hate 5 or 5.0.1, but the tradeoff for features and functionality hasn't been worth upgrading for my uses.

I'm having Safari crashes much more often since 5 and 5.0.1. My diagnostics log shows memory handling problems despite resetting, clearing history and cookies, having no other apps open, etc. The problem is dramatically noticeable compared with the year-plus before 5 and 5.0.1 that I had my iPad 1 (since debut day). I have an iPad 2 as well, and the crashes have been noticeably more frequent as well, though fewer than on iPad 1, because of the difference in memory between the two.

The Music app under 5 and 5.0.1 also has been lamed for several of my uses -- audiobooks no longer play automatically in sequence; the lyrics feature has been removed; a play-all function has been lamed (there's a workaround that requires more steps).

I'm on PCs, and upgraded to 5 while on XP. I had no problem with losing any content while upgrading.

Last edited:

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would look for what these items(songs) have in common on my computer.
iTunes is dumb(calm down people)...
Basically from the time you originally put those songs on iTunes library until recent, something happened to them. Either they got moved or renamed in a file. My hubby loves to organize our computer every once in a while and will rename a file folder or move all our music to genre folders. This isn't a problem until you update a device, which causes iTunes to need to reput these songs on there.
When you sync iTunes normally, without needing a device restore/backup transfer, all iTunes does is check to see what things are different from your device & computer, then makes them match. So say you have a song "Hotel Yorba" by The White Stripes on both your device & iTunes, all it does during sync is see that they both match info wise. If they do, they stay on.
But say your organized hubby renamed the file folder this song is kept in to "TheWhiteStripes", whereas it used to be "new6". Until iTunes needs to wipe out & restore your device by upgrade sync, it never actually checked to see where it was since the first time you put it on your device.

Click on the song
Choose "get info"
Look thru the tabs until you see "location"

Now, is that where the song is now? Do a computer search & see. I bet it isn't. So iTunes can't find it, to add it to your device.

I bet all those songs have the something in common that is causing iTunes to not be able to find them. You need to tell iTunes where they went. Then you'll be fine.

I venture to guess the same thing occurred to your photos. You need to tell iTunes where they went.

Any issues I have with iTunes & things not syncing is usually my hubby trying to be organized, and not iTunes. iTunes just doesn't get my hubby;)

Since you are having so many issues, I would restore anyways. I have no idea about the Bluetooth issue unless the OS upgrade causes buggy Bluetooth connection. Are you sure you didn't move something nearby that interferes with the transmission?

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do this and you will be fine from now on.

HT1391-AdvOptions-en.png

once you have iPhoto(Mac), your photo issues are over!!!!

eondrake17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Read this post, ...

It may change your mind.

The Archangel

Thanks mate but unfortunately i'm ipad 2 wifi 3G in iOS5.0.1... :'( waitin for good news in twitter and here n iPF. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts