What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I forgot restriction passcode

madeq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hye everybody...i have a big problem . I want to reset my ipad....unfortunately...i forgot my passcode...how get back my passcode number....plizzzz help me..

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
madeq said:
Hye everybody...i have a big problem . I want to reset my ipad....unfortunately...i forgot my passcode...how get back my passcode number....plizzzz help me..

I'm afraid that there's no way to recover your password. You'll have to erase all content and settings and set it up again. Unless you have a backup that was made before you added your restrictions password, you'll have to set it up as a new iPad. You can re-download your iTunes and App Store content from your purchased lists, but you will lose all settings and data not backed up in something like iCloud.

BTW, you'll have to initialize the reset by connecting your iPad to iTunes on your computer and starting there.

Last edited:
OP
madeq

madeq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Scifan..thank god..u tell me what to do...but one more big problem i had now...i cant connect my ipad to the itunes on my computer...thats my major problem now...i face that problem few days ago...my ipad also can not charge when it was turned on...i have no problem to charge it before even i am still using it, play games etc. but now now everything seems to go wrong and weird....what should i do....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
madeq said:
Scifan..thank god..u tell me what to do...but one more big problem i had now...i cant connect my ipad to the itunes on my computer...thats my major problem now...i face that problem few days ago...my ipad also can not charge when it was turned on...i have no problem to charge it before even i am still using it, play games etc. but now now everything seems to go wrong and weird....what should i do....

Plug your iPad into a wall socket, using the appropriate charger. It should charge properly.
Exactly what is your problem in connecting your iPad to iTunes on your computer?

OP
madeq

madeq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no idea what happen....since my ipad can not charge while it turned on...the problem same goes to, when i want to connect to the itunes...my computer can not detect....

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
madeq said:
I have no idea what happen....since my ipad can not charge while it turned on...the problem same goes to, when i want to connect to the itunes...my computer can not detect....

Try connecting to iTunes after the iPad is charged. Your iPad must be charged before connecting to iTunes. If nothing you can do to charge the battery works, try making a Genius appointment at an Apple store, your battery could possibly be defective.

Most reactions

Latest posts