What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i cant get my HD movies to play on my Ipad 3

Kryingame

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

As the subject says, I can't get all of my HD/Blueray movies to play on my iPad 3 and I can't sync all of them into Itunes.

1 - I'm no Apple tech but will jail breaking my device allow me to play these movies on my device?
2 - Is there a way, other than itunes to get my personal movies onto my device?

Thank you!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a lot of ways to do this posted in many threads here. Look around a little. I use avplayerhd to wireless transfer my movies to my iPad and it will play many formats, too. You don't need iTunes.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
And you don't need to jail break to do this.

alextang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

As the subject says, I can't get all of my HD/Blueray movies to play on my iPad 3 and I can't sync all of them into Itunes.

1 - I'm no Apple tech but will jail breaking my device allow me to play these movies on my device?
2 - Is there a way, other than itunes to get my personal movies onto my device?

Thank you!

iPad 3 friendly format - MP4, MOV, M4V use h.264 encoder or MPEG-4 (xvid) from Apple - The new iPad - View all the technical specifications.

so,

Convert HD movies (from MKV, AVI, MTS, AVCHD etc) to iPad 3, try Freemake video converter totally free

Rip DVD to iPad, try handbrake, download here, HandBrake

Rip Blu-ray to iPad, try free MakeMKV - Make MKV from Blu-ray and DVD (rip Blu-ray to MKV first) + handbrake (convert mkv to mp4 for iPad 3)

or use this all-in-one tool Blueray ripper for iPad (easiest but not free)

Enjoy

Last edited:

Most reactions