What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I Can't find the on button" sort of....

Philia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually I'm having that 1987 dejavu feeling. Lacking basic knowlege and not finding it like ......:confused:do I have to charge the new iPad before connecting it to my big Mac to synch with iTunes?

Alleygata

iPF Noob
Reaction score
LOL I know how you feel. At least for me it didn't take long to pick up the new "language" but I didn't know where to go for the basic stuff. Posted on this forum was a link to guides that helped me a lot. Maybe they will help you, too.
iPad | GilsMethod.com

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not a bad idea to charge it.

But to turn it on for the first time, there is a power/sleep button on the top. Just press it for about three seconds. An Apple logo will appear and it will boot.

Then you'll hook it up to iTunes on the computer and activate it.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

When you get some time, I suggest you download a copy of the iPad User Guide. It is available for free in several different formats.

a) As a free PDF download from the Apple website --

Apple - Support - Manuals

userguide.jpg

This can (and should!) be saved on your computer and your iPad.

b) As a free iBook once you download the free iBook app from the iTunes App Store.

c) Online using the link provided in the Safari favorites on your iPad.

The answers to many questions, especially if this is your first Apple mobile "iDevice", can be answered by spending some quality time with this handy document.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Next play with it.
You won"t injure the software in any way no matter how you fumble it.
So explore.
Have fun.

Most reactions

Latest posts