What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am stuck in Itunes store

Darlene7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking in the itunes store and cannot get back out of it to go to my itunes - I know this sounds crazy, but I am really stuck in the store. Can someone please tell me how to get back to my itunes with my stuff in it, wanted to try and play a video just added to it from my computer. I have turned the ipad off and back on and no matter what I do I stay in the store - HELP
Thanks to anyone, Darlene

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iTunes app is the shopping app. Music and Videos are where you play your purchases on iOS 5. The iPod app on earlier versions...

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking in the itunes store and cannot get back out of it to go to my itunes - I know this sounds crazy, but I am really stuck in the store. Can someone please tell me how to get back to my itunes with my stuff in it, wanted to try and play a video just added to it from my computer. I have turned the ipad off and back on and no matter what I do I stay in the store - HELP
Thanks to anyone, Darlene
Are you saying that you opened the iTunes Store App on your iPad and when you touch your home button your iPad does not return to the home screen? If you press the home button twice does the iTunes App icon appear at the bottom? If so, tap and hold the icon until it jiggles, then tap the circled minus sign in the upper left-hand corner. This will close the app (same goes for any other open apps).

If that doesn't do it I would try resetting your iPad. Press and hold the power button and the home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. It'll take a short time to boot up. See if that doesn't cure the issue.

More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

As thewitt mentioned, you can play music from the iPod/Music App and videos using the Videos App.

Last edited:
OP
D

Darlene7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks thewitt, I finally realized that later last night and really felt stupid, so use to my windows and apps are a big learning curve. With this forum and help from others I have been learning a lot the last 24 hours about using the Ipad and I really do like it a lot - hope they eventually come out with an app to watch Fox News live streaming, right now it won't work because of the flash in their website I guess. Thanks for your help, appreciate it, Darlene

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Happy to help. Don't worry about feeling stupid, it happens to all of us :)

iKrishna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find music category in iTunes but podcasts and itunesu is there. More over when I connect to iTunes an error message comes saying can not connect to iTunes store

mosaldin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Should check if your country has iTunes store cause some not.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts