What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hp printer needs to be WPA or WPA2??

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just read some info that someone wrote on another website that in order to connect an AirPrint printer in this case an HP Photosmart e all in one wireless, that wireless being used can't have WEP security. It has to be WAP or WAP2. I am using a Sprint MiFi that has WEP64. I have not read this any place else and am not that savvy re: the technical aspect of this. Anyone know anything about this?

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if mine is the same, but I just got the HP Envy and it specifically said it wanted WAP, which is what I had my wifi set up as already, and it worked right away.

I really don't know if this helps, just figured I would relay my own experience just in case it might.

OP
L

larjan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gouda
Did you use the Print and Share app or did you connect without it?

Sjwred

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wep keys are old style,if you see a ps3 ,laptops ect they are all WPA now ,if you call your ISP they can change it ,I did when I got a vista laptop a few years ago my wi-fi was set to WEP so they changed it,I had to connect all my other wi-fi gear again though.

Most reactions