What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HP Mini won't connect to internet

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason my HP Mini won't connect to the internet. It says below on the right side that my Wireless Internet Connected is connected at Excellent strength.

Why won't it allow me to go on line? Annoying the hell out of me, man.:mad:

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
SweetPoison said:
For some reason my HP Mini won't connect to the internet. It says below on the right side that my Wireless Internet Connected is connected at Excellent strength.

Why won't it allow me to go on line? Annoying the hell out of me, man.:mad:

When being connected, and not having access to the internet, you'll have to check these out:

- is your HP mini have an ip address assigned?
- if you have an IP address from the router, do you have a DNS server assigned?
- does the gateway address is the one from your router?
- do you have any static ip address in your network that could conflict with the ip address provided by the dhcp server from your router
- is there a proxy in use to access the internet

Assuming that your router is configured at 192.168.1.1:

- ip address should be 192.168.1.x
- DNS server could be 192.168.1.1, using the router as a relay for your actual ISP DNS servers
- gateway is always the router, 192.168.1.1

In Windows, open a console "Run...", type in "cmd" and a console should show up... Then type in the command "ipconfig". It will give you your current ip address and gateway... If all looks good in there, then this is a DNS problem or a conflict with a static ip address in your network.

Have a look in your router on the configuration of the DHCP server and check th range used by it (100-255)... Also have a look in your router for currently used DNS servers and if the router is acting as a relay for those.

I'll wait for your results...

VicoPad addict!

Last edited:
OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seriously? I'm thinkin you don't speak Marie? Which is California Blonde Simple, Doc.

I will review what you stated and get back to you. My mini always did connect, so I don't know why it isn't now.:(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Believe it or not, yes I did.;):eek: I don't use my Mini much, so when I do, I have a few updates to do ~ so yes, I did turn it off more than once.

I just don't get it. I have a lot of month end reports to do and I want to work on my couch ~ since I can use my flash in it. I just would like to know why it is doing this....

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Believe it or not, yes I did.;) ~ since I can use my flash in it.

The F word, thread clos.........oh no, I'd better not!

Is it close enough to your router to plug an ethernet cable in, I seem to remember doing this years ago (sometime around the Jurassic period when I last owned a PC) then when I disconnected the Ethernet all was well again.

Another option is to delete your router settings then reconnect.

I'm not much help am I!

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I meant my flash drive thingy! I am afraid to mess with my router settings, babe. I don't wanna mess up my iPad and computer connections. It really isn't all that important.

I just have my iPad here too. Not getting any work done!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just remember that the fact that you are getting a strong signal from your router is only a measure of the wifi signal, not your broadband.

Simply put, a highway construction company accidentally cut through our broadband connection a few weeks back, it took me ages to realise because although I had no Internet I had a strong signal on all of my devices/computers.

Maybe you need to play a couple of levels of Rage HD!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol......you know, for the last 24 hours my broadband has been so slow it's like trying to suck concrete through a straw!

The Archangel

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
SweetPoison said:
Seriously? I'm thinkin you don't speak Marie? Which is California Blonde Simple, Doc.

I will review what you stated and get back to you. My mini always did connect, so I don't know why it isn't now.:(

:)! This is the basic checklist for any network related problem...

That's assuming that you rebooted everything... Including the router. If it still does not work after rebooting, which seems to be the case, then these are the steps to find out the source of the issue.

I could have said just to reboot, but then you would have come back saying it did not work. This is a 5 min checklist that will save hours of fiddling, tweaking and searching.

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions