What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howdy From The Soon-To-Be-Frozen North

boobaloo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, Folks,

Boobaloo here in Northeast North Dakota. I've had my iPad2 since the "3" came out. Been a Windows guy for a long time. Built a few IBM XT Clnoes back in the day. I'll give my age away by saying that my first was a Sinclaire. Basic-On-ROM kit. The soldering was more fun than using it.

I, also, remember when 640k was a lot of RAM and a 20Meg Hard Drive was huge:).

Been trying to install iOS 6 and have received "Software Update Failed" message 4 times. Might be due to the fact that my iPad has been "jailbroken". :mad:

I came here to look around for any ideas to upgrade to "6".

Hope everyone has a great day/week/month/year/life.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Hello from Canada. Feeling your pain on that approaching cold front.

Welcome to iPF. We are a community based forum. Members reach out to help each other deal with iDevice related issues and get the most out of their investment.

To help you get started, here's a link to the forum rules.

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

If you review the iPF forum menu, you will find a lobby devoted to the subjects of hacking and jail breaking.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
boobaloo said:
Hi, Folks,

Boobaloo here in Northeast North Dakota. I've had my iPad2 since the "3" came out. Been a Windows guy for a long time. Built a few IBM XT Clnoes back in the day. I'll give my age away by saying that my first was a Sinclaire. Basic-On-ROM kit. The soldering was more fun than using it.

Been trying to install iOS 6 and have received "Software Update Failed" message 4 times. Might be due to the fact that my iPad has been "jailbroken". :mad:

Welcome to the iPF from the soon to be even colder further north of Saskatchewan. What is the strength of your Internet connection? A weak connection may be the cause of the update failure.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
boobaloo said:
Hi, Folks,

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

How are you trying to do the update? If you are Jailbroken you must do it through iTunes on your pc. Have a look at this link and it will be explained.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/89500-have-ipad-3-jailbroke-how-upgrade-ios6.html

I will also move your thread to the Hacking Section as you are Jailbroken.....good luck!

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey welcome to the forums! That advice above will help your issues!

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to iPad Forums. This is an online community where many members come together to discuss the iPad.
I would recommend subscribing to the iPF news feed
Apple iPad News
For your iPad FAQ, check this out.
iPad FAQ
Looking for iPad reviews? They're all right here.
iPad Reviews
For more off topic stuff:
Off-Topic

Thanks for joining,
Goofy

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
you,have to restore it first then the update will be able to run

Most reactions

Latest posts