What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Wirelessly Sync Google Calendar with iPad Calendar?

rjamison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting an iPad and one feature I want is to be able to wirelessly sync the included iPad calendar (iCal?) with my Google calendar. I know this can be done through iTunes but I would like to have the ability to do it without having to have my laptop at my side all the time. Thanks in advance!

Ryan

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
if you search google there is an article they wrote on this very subject...you just set up gmail thru exchange instead of using the gmail feature...it will sync your calendar, contacts and email.

dennis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thinking of getting an iPad and one feature I want is to be able to wirelessly sync the included iPad calendar (iCal?) with my Google calendar. I know this can be done through iTunes but I would like to have the ability to do it without having to have my laptop at my side all the time. Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Hope this helps: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

This help article is for the iPhone and iPod touch, but I think it should be the same procedure on the iPad (not sure since I don't have one yet).

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

Ryan

Hope this helps: Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

This help article is for the iPhone and iPod touch, but I think it should be the same procedure on the iPad (not sure since I don't have one yet).

Same instructions.

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
I wrestled with this one and it's not totally easy.

If you just want to sync your outlook to the ipad you need to use a pass through. I used google calendars. However even after this my issue was that I wanted to get a calDAV (calendar feed) on my ipad calendar. You can do this too.

I wrote up a tutorial here: Synching outlook, to Google calendar, and multiple Google calendars to the iPad calendar iPad equipment and software the screen captures and images should be helpful to you! Best of luck.

John

jadelica

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i pad syncing issues

I have tried all the steps everyone suggested, and they worked... sort of. I was able to sync, but it only synced up until last week. It will not sync anything I have put onto my google calendar for this week or going into the future. Also, when I add things to my ipad calendar, they do not appear on my google calendar.

Any advice?

Thanks.

john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
Jad

Rather than troubleshoot I'd say delete everything and start over. It may be a missed step OR a weird configuration. So save yourself the headache and start over!

Follow my steps above your last post and you will be fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts