What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to watch Flash and open Flash pages when iPad does not support . . .

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to get Flash on the iPad 2? Any apps or websites? Can this be done without jail breaking?

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Goodness gracious.....
There are a few apps....iswifter....puffin browser...skyfire.....
Ipad doesn't do flash natively.....
Also there is a search which would have lead to many topics about this.

OP
B

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the help. This is my first day on the forum, so my questions might sound dumb. Very sorry. I will look for the "search" feature and try not to ask questions that have already been answered.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can the forum be altered to sense when the word is being typed and immediately default to this [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS4_Z84-rRE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Just sayin'

The Archangel

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Quite a few forums show related topics as you type on the subject line when creating a new thread.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think IPF does, though. I know what you are talking about as I have seen it on Crackberry and other sites.

Still though ~

We have a Search button! We should make that HUGE and RED.:D

Jenny954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my new iPad for about a week now. I really love it. BUT.... The one thing that I miss is not being able to watch my subscribed to videos on YouTube. I tried the app that comes with the iPad and even changed my ID and password, and it says in the box that "the video cannot be displayed at this time". And a box comes up saying that "your device does not support the videos".

So is there anything I can do? Is there an app that will help me?

I have been to some blogs, Facebook, and others, and HAVE been able to open and watch videos from their specific subjects.

Also, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but now that Steve Jobs is gone, do you think Apple will rethink the Flash issue?

I'm a newbie, so please have mercy.

Thank you!

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jenny954 said:
I've had my new iPad for about a week now. I really love it. BUT.... The one thing that I miss is not being able to watch my subscribed to videos on YouTube. I tried the app that comes with the iPad and even changed my ID and password, and it says in the box that "the video cannot be displayed at this time". And a box comes up saying that "your device does not support the videos".

So is there anything I can do? Is there an app that will help me?

I have been to some blogs, Facebook, and others, and HAVE been able to open and watch videos from their specific subjects.

Also, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but now that Steve Jobs is gone, do you think Apple will rethink the Flash issue?

I'm a newbie, so please have mercy.

Thank you!

Adobe has stopped mobile flash development altogether.

Jenny954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, but I still want To watch YouTube videos on my iPad.

what is the purpose of the YouTube app, if the iPad doesn't support flash player?

Wolfseye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You talking about which iPad ?

I got the iPad2 and can watch Youtube fine, with the app or in the browser (iCab & Mercury). Not sure why you would have problems with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
andriod is more stable than ipad`
signature_smiley.jpg

Typing it twice does not make it true.

And Android is very very far from being more stable than iOS.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jenny954 said:
Ok, but I still want To watch YouTube videos on my iPad.

what is the purpose of the YouTube app, if the iPad doesn't support flash player?

YouTube are moving away from flash video to more common cross format availability. I certainly have no issues watching YouTube clips on my iPad either through the YouTube app or embedded in Facebook/web pages. If the source is somewhere other than YouTube, then it can be hit or miss.

Most reactions