What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to upgrade my ipad 1

beno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I looked around to see any similar topic but I couldn't find anything
So my problem is I have iPad 1 version 3.2.2 jailbreaked and I downloaded ios 5 but I couldn't update it
They error keep showing
Note: I have latest iTunes version , tried to restore it in duf mode but the error keep showing any help please

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OP
beno

beno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
3194 thats the error

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Experienced the same error when I upgraded my iPad 2 and my friend's iPad 1. Tried downloading the firmware through certain sites and tried to manually load it, but got 3194'd. Just do a legitimate upgrade through iTunes to 5.0.1, then use RedSn0w to JB.

OP
beno

beno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I do that if my iPad is already jailbreaked and thnx bro;)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can. Just backup all the stuff on your iPad, go into iTunes and Restore it. It'll download the 5.0.1 iOS and install it on your device. Then use Absinthe and jailbreak. Load back your backed up stuff. You might want to use a backup app from Cydia to make backing up easier, especially if you want to backup some of your Cydia apps. But note that some Cydia apps are only supported by 4.X and some only 5.X

OP
beno

beno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay I upgraded my iPad how can I jaillbreak it

OP
beno

beno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now my iPad 5.0.1 and jailbreaked thnx dude