What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sync from iPad to iTunes (not iTunes to iPad)?

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm having so much trouble with this...I've had 2 iPads (original and "new") and I just can't get this right! I want iTunes to "know" which apps I have on my iPad. When I'm in iTunes and check the Sync Apps box, all of the apps are checked. I don't want all of my iTunes apps on my iPad. Do I really need to go through each app, checking to see if it's currently on my iPad or not and uncheck those that I don't want to transfer?
Also, I have a lot of my apps in folders and have them arranged on my iPad the way that I want them. iTunes wants to throw them all onto my iPad without folders...the way I have them now I have 3 screens of apps...the way iTunes wants to do it I'll have 11!!! Then I would have to go through them all and create folders and drag apps.
It seems to me that there must be a way to go from the iPad to iTunes and not from iTunes to the iPad...anyone?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
With the iPad connected and iTunes open, right click on the iPad under the Devices list in the left column, then choose Transfer Purchases.

This may fix the folder problem as well, but I won't guarantee it.

Most reactions

Latest posts