What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to sync calendar on iphone with ipad2?

shauns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought with iCloud this would be automatic. But so far, everything on my iphone's calendar is not on my iPad2's calendar. Is there a way to enable this so everything is on both devices? Or is it not a feature?

Thanks for your help.

kvozel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll let the experts chime in, but this is what iCloud is all about. I have an iPad2, and my iPhone 4S is on FedEx delivery for today. You should be able to enable iCloud for Calendar on both devices and 'voila!'.

Or at least that is what I hope. I'll try it later today.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On each device, under Settings > iCloud, do you have Calendar toggled to on?

Then on each device, in the Calendar app, click the "Calendar" button on the upper-left, then click on "Show All Calendars" and see whether you have each calendar checked.

My events are synched and showing up on several iPads, iPhone and iPod touch.

OP
S

shauns

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
On each device, under Settings > iCloud, do you have Calendar toggled to on?

Then on each device, in the Calendar app, click the "Calendar" button on the upper-left, then click on "Show All Calendars" and see whether you have each calendar checked.

My events are synched and showing up on several iPads, iPhone and iPod touch.

Thanks I didn't have the calendar checked for iCloud in the calendar app. Now it works ! Thanks again.

magicbytim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't there suppose to be a way to sync the calendar with other apple id's. I would like to sync my wife and my calendar together but we have different apple iclouds.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Isn't there suppose to be a way to sync the calendar with other apple id's. I would like to sync my wife and my calendar together but we have different apple iclouds.

Go to icloud.com on a computer and select the Calendar app. Beside each calendar in the left column there is a little circle with a wi-fi looking fan in it. Click this to share your calendar and send an invite. Do this for each calendar you want to share with your wife, and have her do the same for each calendar she wants to share.

When you receive the email tap and hold on the invite link. You should get an option to add/subscribe to the calendars. If either of you have more than one device you want to sync with you may have to do it on each device. Probably, but I'm not sure, so give the second devices a chance to sync before doing so.

Another way that will "probably" work. I've no way of testing it. I suspect only the basic Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Notes stuff will be available to sync.

Go into Settings > Mail, Calendars, Contacts > Add Account and add your wife's iCloud account. You can turn off the services you don't want. This is probably the best way if you don't mind giving access to everything the other has.

fwarren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On our company network, we must use GOOD software for security. Is there anywy to sync my ipad 2 with the contacts and calendar on Good?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On our company network, we must use GOOD software for security. Is there anywy to sync my ipad 2 with the contacts and calendar on Good?

Updating the iPad to iOS 5 is mentioned on their site. It also says something about needing a PIN to download the app, and to ask your IT department.

From this I gather that whether your iPad is supported is entirely up to your IT department. Contact them.

Most reactions

Latest posts